melting candles and adding more scent ?

I never had to do this with my parrifin candles so need some advice.

I made 5 batches of JS 50/50 votives with their scents. I can hardly smell them. I added 1 oz scent to 1 lb of wax. Can I melt these down and add 1/2 oz more scent and hopefully they will throw or maybe even 1 1/2 oz more of scent?

Thanks

It has been two weeks on all of them and very little throw if any.

Just don't know what went wrong except you have to use more than an once. I wish that the suppilers would tell you this when you buy the scents from them.

You don't necessarily have to use more than an ounce for some FO's... Sometimes you just have to give them more time to cure!! I've got some Peak Cedar FO that I used in soy votives that I poured 2 months ago!!! They didn't hardly throw at all after 2 weeks... but now???? WOWOWOW

Welcome to the world of soy candle testing!!!! :D Oh, have I learned that you have to test, wait, and test and wait and test and wait....... Phew!!

Two months. WOW. I have tested in soy years ago when it first came out and had no problems with scent throw. It was the wicks and frosting that bothered me. I went back to parrifin. Now that soy is so popular I am trying it again.

I could not wait for two months. Two weeks is my max at waiting.

Hi Sharon. I live in WV. For me wicking this wax is easy, but getting the right amount of scent is the problem. I think I will be testing the rest of the wax with at least 1.5 oz. I am thinking all soy and soy blends need to be testing at that starting part.