Max FO% for 464

thanx Jennifer,

I have tested this wax before, and was extrememly impressed w/the throw. I did a search and found that ~ 8% was the average. To me, if 6% doesn't work, then most of the time I don't use it. I may try 8% just for the heck of it.

Is the FO you tested one that you've used before?? I mean, is it a normally strong or lighter FO?.....just wondering. And also, exactly how much is 8%, if 6% is 1oz pp :undecided.

I'm also testing to reduce the frosting w/this wax- I'd prefer it be non-existent...lol. I'm trying what Jason had suggested, which is a process similar to "tempa - curing". Made a pale burgundy one today, and so far no frosting. I may not have let it set up enough the first time around. And it does have that very slight circular "crack" all the way around, about half way between the wick and the wall of the jar.

Will keep you all posted :D

I poured 2 candles with this wax, 3 or 4 nights ago and have left them sitting. Candle #1 was 464, with 8 drops of red and 6% FO (Serendipity from CC), heated to about 180 and poured at about 133 into an unheated jar. Candle #2 has the same ingredients, but was poured using the tempering method suggested. Morning after.....

Candle #1 frosting on the bottom and a little on the sides, has gotten a little worse as it has sat the last couple of days. Heat gunned the top, wasn't too bad, but not as smooth as I was expecting.

Candle #2 no frosting at all, not even after sitting for the last 3 days or so. But after heatgunning, the top developed a rough, almost grainy look to it.

Cold throw is great, have not tested hot throw, but expect it to be just as good as the straight 415. Not as impressed with this wax as I thought I would be, but I am going to play around with it some more, since I ordered a couple of bags to play with. I like the idea of pouring hot, but don't like the frosting. I like the non-frosted candle, but the tempering seems like a lot of work. I also got some USA to try out and so may try mixing my own concoction and see what I can come up with. But I would say, that with the FO load, anywhere from 6-9% you should do well with.