Need Cuticle Oil Recipe

Does anyone have a great cuticle oil recipe? I think my nail clients would just love this. I know the name brand cuticle oil I use at the salon contains jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, rice bran oil, tocopherl acetate(??) I wouldnt even begin to know what meaurments I would use. I just think it would be fun to have other scents beside good old almond scent.

My customers just use a dab of my lotion bars or whipped shea butter to massage into their cuticles. It melts right in.

If you wanted an actual oil, you could use sweet almond oil or apricot kernel oil. To scent it, add a few drops of skin-safe eo or fo to a small amount of oil. That's how I make massage oil anyway.

tocopherl acetate(??)
That's Vit. E. ;)

I think she's looking for a liquid oil for when she does someone's nails right? ;)

I would think that your best bet would be just to experiment with some different oils in small batches and see which ones work the best, last the longest (without going rancid), and which ones your customers like the best.

I think that would be a fun experiment. :)

Edited to add: Just read up on the different properties of oils to get a starting point.

I've been making lotion bars & butters for aprox 3 months and it is amazing what they have done for my nails....can't keep them trimmed enough!!! Don't know if it is the oils, the massaging of the oils into the cuticles or a combo but it is definately working. The oils I've been using in the bars & butters are SAO, CO & Avocado oil. I use the butters more than the bars so maybe the butters (shea & mango) are helping too.

I've been making lotion bars & butters for aprox 3 months and it is amazing what they have done for my nails....can't keep them trimmed enough!!! Don't know if it is the oils, the massaging of the oils into the cuticles or a combo but it is definately working.

If I could just get that thru my clients head. If you use the oil, it will heal. Acrylic nails are porous and beneficial oils like jojoba and sweet almond penetrate down to the nail bed keeping your nails healthy, thus the acrylic will adhere better to a healthy nail. (I just know everyone wanted a lesson on nails, didnt you)*getdown* I know the jojoba oil can actually be absorbed into the skin because of its malicular(sp?) structure. A lot of oils like mineral just sit on the skin and really dont do anything. The pro brand I use at my shop is awesome, but I would love to be able to say I made my own. Hopefully soon I can figure out which to mix with what.

The pro brand I use at my shop is awesome, but I would love to be able to say I made my own. Hopefully soon I can figure out which to mix with what.

What is the ingredient list? We might be able to figure it out for you.:D

(I just know everyone wanted a lesson on nails, didnt you)*getdown*

Never hurts - great marketing point. This may be going way off topic but just for FYI purposes: I sell BW lotion bars to several ladies that do newspaper routes (I also do a couple myself) and handling of the newpapers leaves the hands totally black with ink...it gets into the cuticles and underneath the nails and is a bugger to wash out. Most of the ladies had cuticles that were permanently stained black!! By using the lotion bars prior to starting our work, the BW sets up a barrier and that dreaded black ink can't soak in and washes right off.

It has Jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, rice bran oil and Vit.E

Do you all think this would work?

4oz bottle

jojoba oil 33%

sweet almond oil 33%

rice bran oil 33%

vit e 1%

or maybe mostly the jojoba and sweet almond and then just balance the rest with the rice bran oil.:undecided

Sounds reasonable. But agree that you might want to bump up the SAO and the jojoba a bit and then lower the RBO - I think it might soak in better that way.

Mix up a tiny bit of a few variations and put it on your skin to see how it absorbs. You don't have to make the 4 oz - make up a few grams or so - just enough to dip YOUR fingers into or put on your skin.