ez soy question

hi guys, i have a question. i've been thinking bout switching from c-3 to ez soy. just because of cost, but i don't want to switch if i have to add things to it to get the good result i get from c-3. i notice alot of you guys add it with another wax, i did a search on it here but can't seem to figure out why you add it w/other waxes. is there a problem w/scent throw, does it take for every to cure. you see i can pour a c-3 & the next day it has an awesome throw. i bought another wax 1 time & regreted it. can anyone who uses it straight give me some imput, or those who mix it, why? sorry if this doesn't sound right but i plan on making an order this weekend but don't want to waste the money if i have to add alot of stuff. help?:o

I use ezsoy and I do not add anything to it. It has great hot and cold throw with most of the FO's I use. It does however require anywhere from a few days to a few weeks cure time depending on the FO.

I use 1 oz FO pp with just about all of mine.

I have never tried mixing it with anything else. HTH

The 415 wax does the best mixed with something such as beeswax or stearic or the like. Without one of them, you get rough tops. If isn't that big of an investment to add one of those items, I only add beeswax at 3 or 4% and get the look I am going for and it also helps with the throw and the frosting. When I first used C3 which was about 3 years ago, I had to wait days to get a good throw out of it and I couldn't get a smooth top on it inbetween burns, to save my life, so I shopped around and right now the 415 works the best for me.

Edited to add: in my 415 soy, I get great cold and hot throws from the bulk of my FO's in 2-3 days. If I don't, I don't use them.

I know that everyone has a different opinion on what works for them and what doesn't. Don't want to offend anyone, but I hated EZsoy. I tried everything & had a time with the scent throw. Of course, I know you have to let it cure a long time (weeks) on some scents. I am not that patient of a person. I have also used C-3. It has an awesome scent throw and is relatively easy for me to wick. I didn't have to wait but 5 to 7 days on curing. The only problem that I had with it was sink holes around the wick and a tad of frosting. When it comes down to it, I had rather have sink holes than rough looking tops, excessive frosting, & lack of scent throw.

HTH,

Beverly S

P.S. I have about 25 pounds of EZSoy to get rid of if anyone is interested.

thanks for everyones input, i am like Beverly, i'm impatient i don't like that i have to wait for a scent to cure, i have done over 200 candles w/c-3 & never had to cure one of them, they were ready for sale in the morning. I have had some frosting & sink holes but that is what a heat gun is for. I think i will go w/my gut & keep my c-3 but that is what i love about this forum. I get so much helpful info. :D

I have never had to wait more than a day or two to judge a FO in the 415 (EZ Soy). When I poured C3 I had to wait at least a week. When you pour candles to order and need them to throw quickly, I have never had any issues with EZSoy. But this is all going to be a personal preference kinda thing, and how your nose judges the scent. If the C3 throws well for you right away, then you should stick with it. There a lot of suppliers for the C3, maybe just find one that is closer to you.