Vacuum Fragrance Beads

stephnms

Reading this I must jump in here and add:

You can NOT use a vacuum freshener if the Vacuum is one that does not use bags. The clear tunnel, cyclone type vac's can be affected by the FO's. I would be very careful to whom I sold the freshners to for this reason.

I make my own and use corn cob soaked in FO. Not sloppy wet though. I make it in a jar and let ALL the FO soak up in the corn cob. This is a great way to use up the FO's that don't throw like you would want. HTH

You can NOT use a vacuum freshener if the Vacuum is one that does not use bags. The clear tunnel, cyclone type vac's can be affected by the FO's. I would be very careful to whom I sold the freshners to for this reason.

I make my own and use corn cob soaked in FO. Not sloppy wet though. I make it in a jar and let ALL the FO soak up in the corn cob. This is a great way to use up the FO's that don't throw like you would want. HTH

I never even thought of that! I have the bagless canister- FO and plastic don't mix!!! Thanks for jumping in there with that important information!

The "stuff" that is in the paper bags that are sold for the purpose of putting in your vacuum look like vermiculite....that would work also, wouldn't it?

Thanks for that information! I'll be sure and let her know! :)

When I had a bagless I would just put a drop of FO on the outside filter. Being careful not to get it on the plastic, of course.:wink2:

Now THAT's a thought. I've seen fragranced filter pads you can put over your heating vents - what about one for the vacuum cleaner?

But you would have to be careful, cause the ones for the house say not to use on more than a certain % of the vents, to make sure you don't restrict air flow. You'd have to make sure any pad wouldn't also.

You might also look for a spot to place a cotton ball with a drop of FO on it. Mine had a lid I could lift off and just set the cotton ball on the top of it. If the FO ever did discolor it, I never noticed as it was on the inside of the lid.

Thanks for the info. And Sheila The Baking Soda would be cheaper!!! Thanks for that info also.

I use 20 Mule Team Borax instead of Baking Soda. The granules are not as small and don't sift under the carpet and into the pad as easily. JMO

I have also used scented corn cob in the vac bag. Cheaper than the Aroma Beads.;)

I use 20 Mule Team Borax instead of Baking Soda. The granules are not as small and don't sift under the carpet and into the pad as easily. JMO

I have also used scented corn cob in the vac bag. Cheaper than the Aroma Beads.;)

And the Borax will kill fleas also! Never tried it for carpet fresh but now I will. Thanks for the info.