Where do you get your clipart for labels

I am finding nothing but flaky clipart. I am trying to make some labels to put on my new white oval boxes I got today (Thanks again Malinda). Since I am on a very small scale of selling these soaps, I dont want to go through too much trouble making these labels, but good clipart can really make or break a label. Well atleast mine.

That is the website I am getting flaky clipart from. I am looking for things related to scents, floral, ect. But most from microsoft clipart are kind of :tongue2: . For instance "Love Spell", you would have something with a heart right, not too difficult, But those are really generic. Anyhoo, just wondering if there were any better websites.

Not necessarily even 'royalty free' gets you off the hook. The site Sliver points to is free, but not for commercial use. As is the case with most easily obtainable clip-art, you are not allowed to use it as part of your own logo, or on any item you sell commercially. You are allowed to use it for promotional purposes, such as brochures, flyers, etc., but not for labels on your products.

Images in the public domain are free of commercial restrictions, but much harder to find. HTH.

It's true you can not use clipart or graphics that are copyrighted. I am a graphic artist and design my graphics. Today it's all the rave about artists sueing others us for using thier graphics with out permission. Be sure to read the artists term of use before using the graphics. There are a few graphic artists that allow you to use them for commercial use. I would try a google search.

If you know what exactly you want and yo can't find it on the web, why don't you design it yourself. That's what I do. I love mine and no trouble with royalties and such. What is wrong with what you are finding....wrong color, wrong style, maybe if your are more specific. I thought some of the things on those pages were nice.

Barb

Jennie, check this out:

http://www.fotolia.com/

Stock photography and clip art for $1.00 or two per image. Different licenses available, but for most of their art you can use it for logos, print & web product advertising, blogging, & website pics. Derivative works, and printing on mugs, hats, teeshirts, etc. for resale are allowed only with special licenses. They list license details for each picture (click on them and go to "License" underneath it) ;)

I would love to design my own but not have the first clue as to how to go about it. Any suggestions as to where/how I would find instructions?

I PM'd you :) We use photoshop for all of our designs. If you know what you want then IMO it's easier to create it than to try and find it already made. The hard part is coming up with what you want, once you know what you want then creating it isn't as hard as most people think.