Anyone use LUSH shower jellies?

magsglass

Can anyone who's used LUSH's Shower Jellies help me understand what they are? People mention on their reviews that they have to be kept in the freezer, so does that mean they're as soft as jello?

I'm perplexed because you can order them online, but if they're supposed to be frozen, wouldn't they melt all over during shipping? :confused:

I've used them - got them free with an order a while ago. They do melt during shipping but they solidify once they are out of the heat (they ship it in little cups). I keep mine in the freezer and actually it's nice on my nekid body! I don't "slather it on" but cup a chunk (if that's the word for a jello-jiggler) in the palm of my hand and stroke it over my skin. I think it does clean, but it's just not soap! When I drop it in the shower I it stays solid enough to pick up if I do it quickly - but it's slippery stuff!

Thanks for the replies, and for describing it to me, carolgrant.:) So if I'm understanding it right, it's as firm, yet jiggly as a jello jiggler? Is that when it's frozen, or at room temp?

Well after seeing pics of these jellies online, I decided bygolly, I'm gonna make them. I'm getting closer to the consistency, but subbing my own ingredients until I can get the right ones. So far it's either too firm, or too soft. Grrr...

But...I tried a shower with some frozen jelliestuff I made, and man o man, I LOVE it!! :bliss:

Ooohhh, that is just WRONG to think about slathering frozen gel on a nekid body in the shower. Brrrr....
GG, it's WRONG if you're only ~thinking~ about it and not actually doing it! LOL! :D If I ever get this figured out, I'll hook you up with some to try, 'k?

Thanks for the replies, and for describing it to me, carolgrant.:) So if I'm understanding it right, it's as firm, yet jiggly as a jello jiggler? Is that when it's frozen, or at room temp?

Well after seeing pics of these jellies online, I decided bygolly, I'm gonna make them. I'm getting closer to the consistency, but subbing my own ingredients until I can get the right ones. So far it's either too firm, or too soft. Grrr...

But...I tried a shower with some frozen jelliestuff I made, and man o man, I LOVE it!! :bliss:

GG, it's WRONG if you're only ~thinking~ about it and not actually doing it! LOL! :D If I ever get this figured out, I'll hook you up with some to try, 'k?

You know, you're going to have to share with ALL of us!

It's about the same texture frozen or not. It doesn't actually harden. Denser than a knox blocks (jello jigglers are the same thing really), but still quivers... Hard to describe really

Denser than knox blocks, but still jiggly... Hmmm, now I'm really curious. Wondering to myself: When you bend it does it cleanly break in two like Jello jigglers? Or rather, does it crumble like cheap, rubbery dog chew toys?

Dang, I'll just have to buy one to see for myself.

Thanks again for the reply, CarolG! Oh and I'll definitely share once I get it to work right! :)

Are they jelly like at room temp at all? Or is it strictly when you pull it out of the freezer?

The more I look at the ingredients listed, the more I think they're not telling us all the ingredients either. I'm tempted to do a trial with just suspending shower gel & crothix to see if you can thicken up your shower gel just a bit more.

Or trying something like shower gel warmed up with gelatin added (no additional water)

I'll hold ya to it girlie. They do look interesting, and at almost $12 for a slice, I'm curious. If I didn't live in hell, I'd order one.

Gelatin is good for skin, right?

Well, I KNOW it's supposed to be good for your nails. ;)

I guess I'm gonna have to check these out if they are on their site-what is the purpose of these? Don't they slip out of your hands while trying to use them (just thinking jello in the shower doesn't seem a good combo)??

I know they'd never make it shipped HERE as I live in HELL also. :eek: 105 ALL week so far!! :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

I got two type of carageenan's delivered last week to try this with. I still have a couple of things to assemble and then the move to contend with first. I did order one of the bars from Lush to see what I was going for. I wonder how the hell someone can hang onto it. It's pretty damn flimsy.