chocolate soap?

annareeb

Any of you ever make soap containing real chocolate , like cocoa powder...? If so, do you get a white froth on the bars.. it looks a bit like air bubbles but not that defined.. more FROTHY.. but its not, spraying with alcohol won't make it go away.. its almost like the natural froth youd see on a cup of hot chocolate...

In CP soap you can add cocoa powder after trace. It will make the bars a dark brown (looks like chocolate). In my experience, the scent of chocolate may be there for a couple of days but not for long unless you use a chocolate FO. There is no "froth" on the soap....

You must be talking M&P. I have no experience with cocoa powder in M&P soap.

I used cocoa powder in a cp batch. Its called chocolate macaroon - or course with chocolate and coconut fo. It turned out good. It has some air bubbles that are easier to see because of how dark it is but it's not frothy looking. Maybe your froth is just soda ash, maybe the cocoa didn't get blended thoroughly, or it could be just air bubbles. Is the froth on the top or throughout the entire bar?

it was just on top... like I said beforethough.. it disappeared after cooling..so its all good.

I used cocoa powder in a cp batch. Its called chocolate macaroon - or course with chocolate and coconut fo. It turned out good. It has some air bubbles that are easier to see because of how dark it is but it's not frothy looking. Maybe your froth is just soda ash, maybe the cocoa didn't get blended thoroughly, or it could be just air bubbles. Is the froth on the top or throughout the entire bar?