I'm Thrilled but concerned

gottabt

As some of you know I am working with the Kumquat growers. They are only opened 6 months of the year so right now is the down time. I talked to her and I am so thrilled. They expanded their gift shop to be able to put more of my stuff in the shop. Can you believe that?

She then goes on to tell me that she wants kumquat blends to do Holiday gift sets so we are working on those.

She also have a holiday open house planned, a festival open house and then the kumquat festival. Last year we did not do well at the festival itself. I think that we just covered the fee. This year she tells me that she is going to get an additional space and we will be under their tent. Last year they completely sold out of everything kumquat by 2. The festival started at 10. Get this - everything that we sell we keep - no splitting of the profits. The 2 open house should have about 1500 ppl at their gift shop and then the festival brings about 11,000.

Then she goes on to tell me that she is in charge of the Holiday stroll decoration for the town and wants to showcase my candles.

And she is the pres of the PTA and would like to do a fundraiser or two.

I can not believe what a little kumquat can do.

To give you an idea of what I am looking at - last year we worked together for 6 weeks only at the end of the season and we sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 360 candles. I am sort of panicing due to what I need for all these open houses and such on top of the regular day to day business. So far, I only have 24 dozen poured.

Thanx for listening - I am so excited that I just had to share. I love being the official candlemaker to the kumquat growers.:grin2:

You truly are the kumquat queen. Sounds like you had better get a corner on the kumquat FO supply cause you sure are going to need it. Did you get all those little pots fixed so you could pour wax into them? Will be looking in the gallery for future kumquat pictures.

They seem to be working - the only thing is - the opening is so small that there is no throw. The meltpool is perfect but just not allowing the scent to escape like it should. I am purposing that some of them are filled with aroma stones rather than wax. Hopefully these will throw better. Or maybe a pair - one with stones and one with wax. Still working on this one. I will post when I get a chance.

You truly are the kumquat queen. Sounds like you had better get a corner on the kumquat FO supply cause you sure are going to need it. Did you get all those little pots fixed so you could pour wax into them? Will be looking in the gallery for future kumquat pictures.