Wicking candle tins

I just purchased some 6 and 8 oz. candle tins (haven't arrived yet) and very much interested in what kind and size wicks most of you use. I just need a general idea where to start before I pour wax into them.

I will be using:

Greenleaf 70/30 perfect blend

1 dye chip

1 oz. FO per pound

I have done a search and came up with quite a few results, but am a little confused on where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

;)

I'd try the zinc wicks - and use the same formula (that you would use for a container candle) to determine starting point - the diameter of the tin......start small and work up :cool2:

I love the 70/30 and find the zinc wicks work real well in it.....

I use HTP 83's for the 8 oz tins. ( I use a 50/50 parasoy blend) They work in the majority of my oils. I've only had a few that I needed to wick down to a 73. The 8 oz tins have been the easiest container for me to wick.

If it helps, the 70/30 perfect blend from Greenleaf is a 70% soy and 30% paraffin blend for containers.

I've never experimented with seamless tins before, so this ought to be a real challenge for me. I guess you could say I am a glutton for punishment! LOL

Thanks for your input! :grin2: