I need to color oil

Mnhorsemom

You have to use an oil based colorant. mostly all dyes are water soluable so they do not work even when putting them in glycerin ( that's what makes the lava lip glosses. oils and glycerin do not mix.) I read some where I think at PV that a bit of lipstick will work in oils as they are oils based colors. Make sure they are new lipsticks as the bacteria factor is in old one. Micas will work as I have used some in Massage bars with out any water. HTH Sue

Bunny, I am doing a "thing" for fisherman. It's a blend of oil and EO's that is applied to your bait after it's on the hook. This stiff is supposd to cover up the human scent on your bait and it also supposed to be an attractant to the fish. I have tried it out myself and DH and I seem to thinks it works. I used the stuff and DH didn't and I caught more than he did (but then I usually do ;) ) So I am handing a bunch of this stuff out to fishermen that I know and having them test it for me. I want to color it a bluish green, but am having probs finding something to color it with.

been ages since I've been fishing but what about adding some glitter or gold or silver mica to the oil? The reason this comes to mind is that fish respond to the glitter - easier to see in the dark depths...does that make any sense?

Sounds like anise!

I would use colored labels, as you never know what colors the fish don't like. Like, what if all catfish hate silver? Then they see a silver trail in the water, and despite the good smell they still get scared? Or if trout doesn't like blue? I don't know.. Had too many rum runners with dinner...lol