Storing Bath Bombs

MsDammit

After a gazillion attempts I finally made some hard, round, smooth bombs-yay me-or so I thought. I let them sit out to dry for a day or so and them put them in a rubbermaid box. This was a coupla weeks ago- I have checked on them now and then(to take a whiff cuz they smell so good, lol) and they were fine-but tonight when I went to get my sniff fix-some of them were cracked and worse, some crumbled when i squeezed them, yet some of them r still rock hard-wtf??!! Has anyone else had this problem?

I had that problem when I was using only alcohol as my liquid (not counting the oils). Now that I add a touch of water I don't seem to have that happen. I would guess that it only happens to SOME because either you didn't mold them all with the same amount of force or because you didn't have th liquids (oils/butters + alcohol+color+ water) evenly distributed.

I use about 1/6 water, the rest alcohol (91%). Oh and as I keep mentioning, I sieve my damp mixture to make sure the liquid is evenly distributed. And I use a lot of pressure to form them but I can't say I am particularly strong!.

I let them dry in the oven for about 2 days (cold oven) then I put them in an open rubbermaid box for about a week before I cover it (makes my kitchen smell good). then I cover them. They are somewhat frajile for the first 4 days or so. No disasters once I got things down pat (well none lately).