Cost of booth space...

I'm in the process of planning for a big show next year, my 3rd year of doing my fall show. I'm thinking about having the show at a LARGE facility where graduations and concerts take place. It can accomodate about 200 vendors in 8x10 spaces, it has 2 concession stands (hot dogs, pizza, etc.), has TONS of parking, and great advertising (an electronic sign that faces a main road and my event will be posted in their newsletter going to over 5000 people and on their website).

I'm trying to figure out what to charge vendors per space....Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Also, here's a link to get an idea of what the place looks like.

http://www.showplacearena.com/virtualtour/java_map_13.html

Guest EMercier

Well, that depends on how much it'll cost you and you may want to think about a two day show, but why am I telling you this? You should know this! ;)

I agree. You really need to first figure out how much is going to cost for the facility.

As a vendor's point of view I would actually pay more for a show that has the following.

Advertising and space. I hate going to craft shows that they pack the vendors in just to make more money. I think that the 8 by 10 space is very fair and if you can get 200 that's even better.

I have seen spaces like you are talking about go in my area anywhere from $25-$175 depending on the show. I am actually going to try and get into one in two weeks, it's outside that the space is 10 by 10 and the price $25 for two days. I think that is so dang cheap that I can't pass it up.

Good luck!

The going rate for shows of any importance and at festivals start at 150.00 and up. some even are as much as $300.00 for 2 days. This is in Connecticut. I have been checking out the prices in New Hampshire too and they are about the same. Maybe you could check on the craft show listing sites online and see what they are going for. Also I agree that you should figure out your costs involved with this major undertaking. Good Luck with it. Sue

Well, that depends on how much it'll cost you

I've already figured what it'll cost me which includes the place, advertisting and administrative stuff. And if I want to just cover those things and NOT make a profit, I can charge the bare minimum which is $45 per space. I just looked back at my sheet and there are 173 - 10x10 spaces and 32 8x8 spaces. I could probably charge a little more for the 10x10 spaces.

I'm just looking to see what people in other areas would pay for a location like this. It's a little hard to judge in my area, people will try to do shows and charge $100 for a teeny, tiny space and the venue is located in a REALLY bad area (one known for lots of crime). I've seen shows anywhere from $25 up to $400 in my area.

The "good" show around here is $375 for 2 days, juried.

It's outside on the sidewalks of 3 connecting streets, 2 of them open to car traffic, one of those being the main street through the area. (But at the end of that street is Tiffany's, little blue boxes and all.)

Sami

If you charge the bare minimum of $45, would you suffer a loss if not all the spaces get bought? It may be safer to bump it up a bit in case not all get bought.

The 10x10 space would work out to be about 50% bigger than the 8x8 - so you'll want to charge more - maybe 25% more - for them.

If you charge the bare minimum of $45, would you suffer a loss if not all the spaces get bought?

Yeah, I would suffer a loss, but in this area, I doubt all of them won't be sold. I'm definitely going to bumb up the price. Right now I'm thinking $80 for the 8x8 spaces and $100 for the 10x10 spaces.

Guest EMercier

Yea, my two day show charges two different prices for the different spaces. So I paid more than people in the other gym with a smaller space. That's a thought, but for a price spot, I've paid as much as $50 for one day for like a 8 X 8 space and I made good money. So, think about that and you might be able to charge more to make a profit.

I would say at least $85. What I like to see if discounts for a double spot. Say $85 for one 10x10 and $60 for the second (as long as they are side by side and containing the same merchant).

I hope you don't mind giving my two cents about one day shows. I rarely do them because my set up is just too involved - it is almost not worth the effort for one day shows, unless I know I can make a killing. I know there are others out there who would rather do one day shows, so you have both sides. There is only one one-day-show I do. I do it because I know I do really well there and they also let you set up the night before. Seven hours seems kind of short, is there any way you can extend it? If there is any way you can do two days, I think you might get a bigger draw from not only the vendors, but from visitors. If you go two days, I think you could easily charge $175.

I always ask shows how they are going to advertise. That is a big key for me in deciding on shows, especially if it is a newer venue.

Hope you don't mind my opinions. ;) I am just looking at the situation as I would approach it if someone contacted me about doing the show.

I always ask shows how they are going to advertise. That is a big key for me in deciding on shows, especially if it is a newer venue.Hope you don't mind my opinions. ;) I am just looking at the situation as I would approach it if someone contacted me about doing the show.

Not a problem giving your opinion. This is the kind of info I was looking for.

In addition to the advertising being done by the venue, it'll also be in our large paper here that will be seen by 800,000+ people and also some smaller local papers.

I am considering make the show a 2 day one. I need to look into how things will be "looked after" if left over night.

Just an idea ... if you charge shoppers an admission fee, maybe their ticket could be used as some sort of % off coupon so that if they spent at least $x they could get back their $5 through discounts on products purchased. It would be a win win situation for both the vendors and the customers.