Do Any of You Make Souffle?

smellywax

Mary Ann did your body butter stay fluffy or did it get kind of hard? I'm looking for a fairly simple one that will stay fluffy and creamy without getting hard. I don't have any ewax so I don't know if there is one that doesn't call for it or not.

Mary Ann did your body butter stay fluffy or did it get kind of hard? I'm looking for a fairly simple one that will stay fluffy and creamy without getting hard. I don't have any ewax so I don't know if there is one that doesn't call for it or not.

It stays soft. If you ever make a butter and it becomes harder than you'd like you can add more oil to it to soften it up. I've learned, for myself, that when I make a body butter to leave it in the mixing bowl and cover it for 2 weeks at room temp. After the 2 weeks I check to see the firmness, if its where I want it to be I put it in jars. If its too hard I add more oil, cover it and check again in a week. When I started I put it in jars right away then had to take it all out again, clean the jar, and add more oils (a BIG PITA). I did post a pic of it in the gallery a LONG time ago. Even after 3 weeks I had to add more oils, it ended up so light and fluffy, here's that post http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8661&highlight=whipped+butter. So the recipe in this thread I did end up adding more oil too. Which I didn't record :cry2: So that's another thing I was going to say make sure you don't make the same mistake I did and not record how much more you add to the recipe (if you add more than what it calls for). HTH