I Am Jazzzed Up!

eugenia

Got a message from one of the soccer moms that she wanted to place an order but she thought we were away (we were). Called her back and she said she could order from the site but she'd prefer to pick the stuff out in person. Was it easier for her to come to me? Well, DUH, yes.

I was supposed to call her at noon today. I did, left message on her home phone and cell. She had mentioned that they were leaving for vacation tomorrow. So my whole dining room table is loaded with stuff and no call..... I'm getting pretty ticked here...

At 6:30 she calls and asks "Can I still come, at 7?" Please do! Leaves with $155.00 worth of soap and candles. Yee Hah! Gave her some ceramic dishes and a bath salt as "freebies. " They LOVE that freebie stuff. I always stick a couple of votives or something in the order.

Did a crap load of vacation laundry, 2 big batches of soap and some pillars while waiting, so I'm ahead here. She bought a bunch of tins, among other things. I was thinking of dropping them. Can't sell jars at all. Was going to focus on pillars for the Fall Shows. Now I'm wondering if I'm all wrong. I'm flat out of tins. Was buying them from WSP but they're not even carrying them. What do you guys think? Are the tins moving for you? If so, what's a good source? Hmmm, and what's your favorite wick while you have the spoon out LMAO!

e

Thats great Eugina, congrats on the sale!

Should I explain to you how different containers sell or dont sell depending on geographical area or have you got that one down :)

BTW, your soap lining tutorial thing from the archives was a great help yesterday, thanks !

Should I explain to you how different containers sell or dont sell depending on geographical area or have you got that one down :)

Yeah, Melly, I think I've got that one down. I am in a very funky, trendy area and the CP soaps sell well. I only licensed my business in April and have only done two shows so far.

I am thinking about doing some street fairs in ritzy towns. I was going to focus on soap, butters, bath salts and Rustic and Crackled Pillars, but now I am wondering if I should throw tins in that mix.

e

I am like you when someone says would you rather I come to your house. I'm like yes..it is much easier than me trying to bring it to them.

As far as the tins are concerned....I personally love them. I did a show this weekend and it was too hot, I only sold one. If they don't sell I will use them or give them for a few events happening this fall that take donations and have auctions. Possibly doing another show this weekend 30 minutes outside of Lousiville, so I expect them to sell there. I do not use soy, but have several people ask for it. May decide to do that in the future.

You said that WSP is not carrying them. I just received my order from them and I ordered 50 6oz tins from them. That is Wholesale Supplies Plus, right? Maybe you order a different size and type of tin than I do.

I will have to agree with you when someone asks is it easier for them to come to my house...I wanna bust out laughing.

As far as the tins are concerned.....I personally love them and used to buy several before I started making candles. I make a 6oz tin and did a small show Saturday and it was way to hot. I only sold 1 tin. I think that some people are not sure about them. They are so used to a glass jar type. I do not use soy, but had 2 people ask for it Saturday and have had others ask for it in past. Might decide to add that sometime in the future, to my regular line. If they don't sell I will burn them for myself or donate some to the local schools for the fall festivals. They have an auction for donated items. Helps advertise.

I am not sure what size and type of tin you are using from WSP, but I just received an order from them Friday and I got 50 6oz tins. You are meaning Wholesale Supplies Plus?

Whoa - that's awesome. I use the tins for wickless candles and got mine from whatever source was cheapest/having a sale at the time. I think it was JC's Candle Supplies when they had free shipping I ordered a buttload.