** What's in your pot for the week/end? **

Well, I survived my first week at my new "real job", yay!

Tomorrow is a fair at McKee Bridge, to support the covered bridge, I usually do quite well there considering there's usually only a few vendors - it's very small, mostly a chicken BBQ.

Then Sunday packaging up a wholesale order to ship out, and some bubble bath balls - got some new egg carton packaging so I want to make a bunch up w/o my usual boxes..

Good luck at any fairs you've got going! Or have fun testing new scents!

Rockin has a show and I'm still recovering from a double secondary ear infection (which bites!) BUT there's mango papaya in the pot and some BRV and fruit slices needing to follow it before I can play around a little inbetween ball games and a swim meet this weekend. Who knows, there could be some soap on the horizon ;)

Testing votives and containers. T-ball tourney Saturday-Tuesday...double elimination so we may not go past Saturday or Sunday. Grandson's team is not real good but they have a blast trying and that's all that matters. Make up game tonight....played two games last night. Man, I love ball season. I always hate when it ends.

Making some candles for my Mom, she's been gone away to work since April and gets home next Sunday. I'm thinking about hawaiian ginger and maybe butt naked. Other than that, I'll be making a life sized blue puppy from bristol board and finishing some dog ears and giant paw prints for Skye's 3rd birthday party next Saturday. Also have some students coming to study for finals today. Should be a full weekend.

Scented, I feel your pain, literally. I just finished my THIRD anti early this week trying to get rid of this ear infection (with strep on top of it). I woke up this morning and I can tell it is still there. The kicker is my doc keeps saying "You HAVE to slow down and rest or you will never get better." Um. Exsqueeze me doc, but you have a wife who does not work. You have two kids and a live in nanny/maid. I work full time, have a business and three kids. How about you just give me your dang maid for two weeks????

Anyway, I have about ten different scents I need to pour this weekend... nothing terribly exciting. Just orders and trying to get my stock back up.

Still wax formula testing. It never seems to end! I used up a 16 oz bottle of Gemlite Mulberry in several candles where the only variable was the composition of the wax. I am searching for the Holy Grail of 100% soy: even color distribution, complete glass adhesion, no frosting, smooth setup after burn, good cold and better hot throw. A seemingly impossible task, you say? Well, I'm nearly there! Other things to do this weekend, take care of mrs geek who is ill, go to a HS graduation reception, party at one of my running friend's home, ride my mountain bike on a big-time bike trail, solve world hunger :rolleyes2

geek

Prairieannie, I feel your pain! Lilac, urgh!

I am melting down a Pier 1 pillar that was given to me as a gift long before I started making my own candles. It smells nice but tunnel burned and smoked like no tomorrow. It's going to turn into nice-smelling firestarters.

If I have time, more bath bombs and matching soy votives.

Michelle

9 cases of Lilac candles. I can stand about ONE batch, the rest are gonna make me sick.

Ewwww.... I feel ya sista.

This is my FIRST weekend off since going back to work! Unfortunately, I have to pay a 9 day work week to get it. Bastages.

I'm sleeping till dusk tomorrow. I'm going to shoot for a 24 hour nap.

Well, nothing as exciting as you pros, since I just make 'em for me (and the occasional mom or MIL).

I'm going to try a blend of J223 and EcoSoya CB 135, and see what happens. Wasn't getting great scent throw with the plain ol' 135, hoping a little J223 will help.

Also, may pour a few pillars tonight, haven't done 'em in a while as I've been concentrating more on the containers and the 135 problems.

That's in between vacuuming the house, washing the floor, etc... DH works weekends, so he just left- time to get busy!

Sunday we are hosting my son's high school graduation party. Cleaned up the yard, spruced up the patio, have everything ready to go, and now they're predicting thunderstorms! Figures!!! I'm off work Monday, so that is the day I will be pouring candles for orders I need to fill.