Wax Slab Storage Bags

I searched, but what I'm coming up with is for the larger bags, 500 count, and for the smaller, 1000 count. Yes, for storage. I have a lot of different types, including slabs and flakes and those pellets. Just had a thought to try to get organized now and consildate it into one closet. Bags I've found are either too small, too huge, especially too thin. Its pathetic, I have wax on top of closets, in closets, leaned up against walls, etc. :) Unfortunately I don't really have a work space that I can leave things out.

I just stumbled upon the perfect thing and I always have some around! They aren't gusseted, but a slab fits perfectly. They are the clear bags you get at the grocery store to put large veggies in (cabbage, etc). They slabs couldn't fit more perfectly. I'll just double them up for the flakes (they aren't that thick). Yes - definately have to label immediately :)

Good golly Mr Henry, how much wax do you have?!? Lol. I wish I had that problem. Have any cats? I read someone's recommendation to use empty cat litter containers (I've been buying the 38 lb plastic containers), which I think would be particularly perfect for your flakes & pellets, but if you don't have any cats, then, obviously, it won't work for you ... unless you have friends or neighbors ..... ;)

Right now, I have TOO much wax. I bought different slabs to test and see what I like. The problem with containers is they won't won't fit into my shelving (not deep enough). I'm also sure I won't continue to use every wax I bought - only what I like the best, so, what I'm going to do is what Peaks does. Cut the slabes in half. Then bag them and stack them one on top of the other and label the bags on the sides. With that, wicks, dyes, molds, I even got sheets of beeswax that I haven't used yet - I just had to get a handle on things.

Thanks for all the ideas - appreciate it!

Thanks for the idea on kitty litter pails! Never thought of it....my boxes are all under my feet and in the way and it drives me crazy. Some are pushed under the work benches, but the waxes I'm currently working with I keep out in the middle of the floor so I can get to them ( good thing the basement is huge).

I'll definitely start keeping the kitty pails and cleaning them out. At least I can stack them and it'll look more organized.

DanaE