? on pkg lotion

saw

What size & type of pkg do you use for your lotions? Also what do you sell these for. Just trying to work on cost and wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. ~ Thanks everyone ~:cheesy2:

I've seen a lot of folks having 4 oz and 8 oz. I wanted to be a bit different so I'm doing a 6 oz size. As for price, work out your total cost of everything and then multiply it by 3 or 4.

I use 6oz as well..bullet bottles with black caps/lids etc.. I sell mine for $7.50 each..however it will depend on the type of lotion you have and your cost in it..I take the cost x 2 for wholesale rounded to the nearest .50 and x 2 again for retail rounded to the nearest .50

Just wondering if people prefer bottles, malibu or jars. I know the formula for getting the price; just wanted to make sure I was in the general ball park without having product that won't move because of price. Just lots of questions trying to add this new b&b line.

Thanks to all that responded.

Anyone else like to share.....

thanks so much:cheesy2:

Just wondering if people prefer bottles, malibu or jars. I know the formula for getting the price; just wanted to make sure I was in the general ball park without having product that won't move because of price. Just lots of questions trying to add this new b&b line.

Thanks to all that responded.

Anyone else like to share.....

thanks so much:cheesy2:

Bottles - PETE's are very nice with pumps but to hard to squeeze for a flip top. As far as style, there are many to choose from and some come in different colors too.

Malibu's - They are good as long as you use the right cap. Let me see if I can explain the cap correctly...Make sure the flip part of the cap is male and the cap part is female (which for me is hard to find). If you use the others, just opposite from the first I explained, they tend to leak. The first style I mentioned seals much better.

Jars - Those are for thick creams not lotions.

I prefer pump bottles for lotion, so that's what I sell. I use lotion a LOT, because my hands are dry and I wash them frequently, so I need my lotion to dispense quickly and easily.

I sell lotion in 8 oz. bullets with a pump. Don't like jars because of the possibility of contamination when dipping in fingers. Hey, fingers have germs ... just part of life. But I don't want my preservative system to be challenged unnecessarily, KWIM?

I also don't mind malibus and use them occasionally. I like that there's little waste since the lotion's always at the bottom and it dispenses from the bottom. I make a somewhat thick lotion so I don't have trouble with it leaking.

I agree about jars and their possibility of contamination. Of course if it's a cream or other solid then there's no choice but to use a jar. I like bottles with a secure closure the best, because I live at high altitude and if I go somewhere, there's bound to be leakage unless there's a secure closure. In the end it'll depend on what you and your users prefer. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on these packaging options.