Pay Pal Click & Ship

gloworm

Does anyone know if paypal chages a fee to use their click & ship feature? I just sent some packages and was charged quite a bit more for shipping then I was expecting. Someone told me to use UPS because they were quite economical. After I printed labels and sent packages I spoke to the same person and they checked a UPS quote for me and got a much smaller quote then what paypal charged me. Anyone have any answers for me?

Glo

You might want to consider using USPS Click & Ship at their website instead. I use it for all my website orders and have been very happy with it. No fees, and you and your customer get free Delivery Confirmation with priority shipping.

For small orders, UPS is *NOT* most economical, in my experience. USPS is better. Plus, most of my customers save a lot of money with the USPS Flat Rate Priority shipping boxes. Candles can get kind of heavy, and most shipping is weight-based. Without the flat-rate box, I've noticed some of my customers would be paying up to $14 for shipping (and the flat-rates are $8.10). I order the flat-rate boxes online at USPS's website, and they are delivered to my door by the mail carrier.

You can also schedule your mail carrier to come pick up your packages at the USPS website. Next day, out they go ... and you didn't even have to leave the house. LOL

Thanks AJ. I knew some of that but not all :cheesy2: . The problem I'm running into is these packages contain FO (we have begun selling as a supplier) and some have flashpoints below 200. USPS really runs you thru the ringer with red tape on FO shipping. Seems the most popular FO's are the under 200 too and these absolutely cannot be shipped via USPS air. UPS on the other hand has almost no restrictions and is very laid back about FO. Hence UPS is the shipper of choice. We have done extensive research into both shipping types and another prob with USPS is the local postmasters are not educated on hazardous shipping and they know MUCH less then we do about it-when I try to ship they insist it is all considered hazardous, even though we have spoken to higher ups in the system and even hazmat, they give us all kinds of difficulty - the locals make it almost impossible for us to ship any FO via USPS.

AHH the problems of our little businesses:cheesy2: If my hair wasn't going gray already it soon would. LOL

Glo

Your prices at ups are going to be different depending on how you get the package to them. They charge extra to pick it, etc... Alos if they are coming everyday, the first order sent out each week get the bigger fee (may be why wsp is so high fro some)

Also depends on who's packaging and if they got the xact measurements. To me I don't use the paypal ups, but go to their site, however for anything usps, I use paypal. no fee for priority. free dc. etc...