This has NEVER happened before..what is it??

I am working with 1343, a wax that I have never used before. Im used 1 tsp vybar 103, 1 dye chip, 1/2 oz of amish harvest FO, and I have these lil black things floating..its like when you pour oil into water..the oil seperates and makes lil floating oil bubbles. Thats the best way I know how to describe it. Im guessing its FO that wont disolve. I cant understand why this is happening but its making a very ugly candle. Im going for rustic. I poured at 150 into a frozen mold but it didnt turn out well. Lots of surface pits and bubbles..and you could see the ugly black FO things. YUK! I have been reading the boards and see that those of you that do rustics with 1343 use stearic so Im gonna try that. Can someone please explain the ugly black things to me?? This is a tester candle so its not a huge ordeal, I just wanna know what it is so I dont do it again for one that I plan on selling.

Well, I just went and added stearic (2 tbsp) and they went away but I would still like to know what it is if someone can tell me. At least I know how to fix the problem I guess next time it happens.

TIA

It's possible it came with the wax and was from the refining. Melt your wax down and strain it through something fine and that should collect those floaties. I don't think it's an FO thing. I've gotten them from time to time and just remove them from the wax.

I wasn't talking about the bubbles, but was talking about the floatie things you mentioned lol.

You're going to get bubbles pouring that cool and stirring very much, and you're definitely going to get them pouring into a frozen mold.

That's two things in two days I've learned from you, Scented. Thursday you mentioned "burping" your wick pin to help get rid of any air bubbles and now the tip with the frozen mold. When I pour my rustics (into frozen molds) I get so many bubbles... it looks like I've just poured a milkshake! :rolleyes2 Thanks!

I wasn't talking about the bubbles, but was talking about the floatie things you mentioned lol.

You're going to get bubbles pouring that cool and stirring very much, and you're definitely going to get them pouring into a frozen mold.

Im sorry, I meant the floaty things. Im not concerned with bubbles. The oily floaty ugly things i mentioned is what I was talking about. They didnt appear until I added the FO and then I added stearic and they went away. Im sorry I wasnt clear on that one :)

I agree. Sounds like FO not incorporating. You need to add at 180 and stir for at least 2 minutes. Amish Harvest is a heavy FO. You can add a pinch of vybar (1/4-1/2 tsp). That may help as well. I had some Amish Harvest votives that did the strangest thing. They were wrapped and put away. Months later, the fragrance had seeped out into a brown oil pool at the bottom of the wrapping. Yuck.