Sampling lotion bars

I'm trying to come up with the best way to allow customers to sample the lotion bars.

I could shred a lotion bar and they could take a couple shreds to use.

OR, I could pour itty bitty candy pieces (but I see a lot of wasted this way)

OR???

Anyone out there have great ideas?

I'm trying to come up with the best way to allow customers to sample the lotion bars.

I could shred a lotion bar and they could take a couple shreds to use.

OR, I could pour itty bitty candy pieces (but I see a lot of wasted this way)

OR???

Anyone out there have great ideas?

Pour a lotoin bar into a jar, and let them sample it using plastic disposable spatulas. They can scrape off enough to use while you move in and close the deal.

Bill Griffith

http://www.BayouSome.com

I do that too. I pour it in a tin then leave the spatula out for them to try. I try to leave this one unscented as many people are allergic to certain scents. I make sure I am near the samples area I set up at all times if I can. This way I can help them and talk about the product. Sue

That's how I sample my whipped shea, with a wooden spatula. But dang it, even with a sign, the spatulas sitting right next to the jar, a tiny garbage bag for disposal of the spatula, all in plain sight, there will always be someone that sticks that darn finger in it, just chaps my hide when I see that:mad:

Sorry, just venting :lipsrseal

I still believe the spatula is the way to go, but you really need to keep an eye on it and TRY to catch those who just want to rub thier fingers in it.

I'm struggling with my lotion bars. I tried a fabulous one from Hennabycynthia.com and am trying to get mine as nice. But I get either oily or sticky. Anyone suggest changes to my formula?

I do:

15 g beeswax

15 g cocoa butter

12.5 g AKO or sunflower oil

2.5 g vit. E

2.0 g FO

I'm struggling with my lotion bars. I tried a fabulous one from Hennabycynthia.com and am trying to get mine as nice. But I get either oily or sticky. Anyone suggest changes to my formula?

I do:

15 g beeswax

15 g cocoa butter

12.5 g AKO or sunflower oil

2.5 g vit. E

2.0 g FO

Add some Dry Flo or some corn starch

Well, my I just put one of my loton bars out as a sample and everyone tries it, I don't use a spatula, I want them to learn how to take it out of the tin and how to apply it.

Becareful, which ever fragrance is your tester you will sell them most of so make sure you have plenty of stock of that fragrance

Well, my I just put one of my loton bars out as a sample and everyone tries it, I don't use a spatula, I want them to learn how to take it out of the tin and how to apply it.

Becareful, which ever fragrance is your tester you will sell them most of so make sure you have plenty of stock of that fragrance

What are your bar dimensions and what tin do you use?

And personally I think I would need to actually pick up the bar and use it to know how wonderful it is...

I use a 2oz tin from WSP, I use regular sized muffin tins as molds, each bar is 1 1/8 oz. They are the perfect size for the hand.

Here is the thing on the lotion bar, if it just sits on a shelf most people will have no idea what it is, but, if you actually let them use it and go thru the speel on its benefits and how long it lasts, most people buy it. Every person who walks into the shops that carry my bars offer them to try our solid lotions, same when we do shows. everyone gets to try and most buy

HTH

For my lotion bar samples I use a oval lip balm container about half full. You'll have to twist up the container a bit before filling to use a little product but the presention is nice vs. a large community pot. MMS also carries a blister clamshell for something like this but I think they are too expensive for samples and they hold too much.