Help! Greasy Whipped Shea

Here is the recipe I used:

10 oz Shea butter

6 oz Soy oil

2 tsp of corn starch

1 oz fragrance

I melted it all together and then tried to whip it. It was taking a long time so I put it in the freezer for a while and then whipped it. It whipped up nice but it is REALLY greasy. Any advice?

Some shea butters (refined) are just really greasy. Agbanga (sp?) unrefined isn't greasy. Also, for that much butter/oil, you'd need more Dry Flo, Natrasorb or corn starch, IMO.

Also, try using a lighter oil that sinks in easily. HTH

If a whipped butter is too greasy...IMO you are using too much.

I rub a finger over the top of the butter until a little melts on my finger. That is enough for one hand. If you use the same amount of whipped butters as you use lotion, you will find it greasy.

A teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy bit of whipped butters goes a long way!

I have found that by adding .5-1% of IPM and/or Cyclo that it helps with the greasy feeling and leaves a really nice feeling. Some people I make shea butter for, just don't like the greasy feeling, but love what shea butter does for their skin. I add the IPM and Cyclo and they are much happier. It is hard to "train" people to use only a small amount. I do state on my labels that a little goes a long way!!

Ann