Question on Lanolin

SheilaW

I have a jar that I purchased ( to make foot balm ) I have never used it before so I don't know what it's supposed to look/feel like. What I have is a brownish/beige color, no odor , but it feels like a thick super sticky glue!

In fact I scooped some out to feel the texture and I had to wash my hands with soap to get it off because my fingers were sticking together.

Is this right? Don't know why but I expected it to feel more like a greasy butter. I did heat a small amount with some shea butter and it blended in with no problems and doesn't feel sticky now. I also found a soap recipe using it that sounds interesting but I don't want to use it if something is wrong with it. Thanks

It's like the thickest, stickiest gop you could imagine. I'm suprised you could even wash it off (if it's still on, try using dish liquid). We used it in Biology class on our hands when we were dissecting sharks to keep the stink of the shark from soaking into our hands - but what a mess!

Not sure about the color, but the texture sounds right.

Curious what you are going to make!