Well Shucks

sharyl55

Just got this e-mail from the weather service. And I'll be on a blacktop parking lot Sat. afternoon for the Farmers Market. Will be taking my cool collar and lots of water.

...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 9 PM EDT

SATURDAY...

SOUTHERLY WINDS...AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT...WILL BRING

A RETURN TO HIGH LEVELS OF HEAT AND HUMIDITY...SATURDAY AND

SUNDAY...FOR MUCH OF CENTRAL...SOUTH CENTRAL...AND SOUTHEAST

VIRGINIA. HEAT INDICES WILL TOP OUT IN THE 105 TO 110 DEGREE

RANGE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

Man take a swimming pool and lots of water!! Stay well hydrated. WE made it through the first of a two-day festival with minimal losses. We're on black top too, felt like 110 out today, scorcher and oh the humidity! We did have the shade of a tree, but somehow didn't have electricity to run fans ... won't make that mistake again!

Well, I had partial shade from my 2 beach umbrellas. Went thru 4 bottles of water. And sold 1 pack of trail mix. Guess everyone listened to the weatherman and stayed inside with their air condtioning. Worst day I've had the the FM. Oh well, there is always next week.

After our show this weekend, I'm glad we were on the street and not in the grassy park lol! THe humidity kicked up all kinds of storms and well they had to bring in sand for the grassy area and we only had to deal with running water that was ankle deep.