Just a tiny rant...

I'm not sure if my head is screwed on right or what... but... seems to me like out of the several paraffin votive blends out there that I've tried, they ALL give me outstanding throw compared to the container blends. What's the deal? I've tried a few paraffin container blends, a soy blend, a straight soy... nothing comes even close to the votives. The votives can scent up my office and the main area it is attached to. Any of the containers... not even close. It'd driving me nuts! Maybe I'm just picking the wrong wicks... or waxes... I just don't know... I thought votives were supposed to throw a lot less than a container. :confused:

It could be your wicking. I definitely get a better throw from a container - in that it throws farther than a votive will. But if the container is not wicked properly, that could be your problem. Not sure what else to tell you. That's a strange occurrence. Maybe it's the aliens. They mess with our candles, you know. Have you tried wearing a tin-foil hat? I won't make candles without it anymore. Keeps the aliens away. ;)

It could be your wicking. I definitely get a better throw from a container - in that it throws farther than a votive will. But if the container is not wicked properly, that could be your problem. Not sure what else to tell you. That's a strange occurrence. Maybe it's the aliens. They mess with our candles, you know. Have you tried wearing a tin-foil hat? I won't make candles without it anymore. Keeps the aliens away. ;)

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: I needed that!

It's probably my wicking. I haven't met the aliens yet, but I'll try the tin foil hat! I need all the help I can get!

I think that some waxes, container or votive, just don't throw. I have gotten wonderful strong throws with 6006 in containers. When I make votives, I use 4794 2/3 & 223 1/3. They are so good, they can scent a large area. I think it is the wax. I use CD's for votives, tins and Zinc's for Tureens. What votive wax are you getting GOOD results with?

Any votive wax I've tried... which is 3 lol. JS granulated votive blend, Peak's granulated votive blend (no longer available), and IGI 4974. They blow Harmony Blend, Greenleaf's 70/30, and Cargill's C3 (all container waxes) out of the water with their throw. I just don't get it! I've upped the FO's too!

You know... I put some 4794 into some big molds at one pound per cause it's so hard to break chunks off, and it didn't pull away from the sides. Had to heat gun it to get it out. Hmmmm...........