Big tip of the hat to Candlemaker's Store

I finally got to the point where I could make a substantial wax and supply purchase, and had the opportunity to pick up at Candlemaker's Store in Hamilton, OH. I've purchased from them before several times, but always had the goods UPS'd. Well, I figured that five cases of wax would be very costly to UPS, and I had the week off from work and plenty of time to kill.

I called ahead, and asked Dave there (BTW there are two Daves there) if I could get the 5-19 case price break if I ordered two different waxes for a total of five cases. He said he did not have anyone ever ask for that, but said it was OK. Since I was going to order on Wed, it meant picking up on Thu, and their site asked for two day lead time to process order. He said it was OK to pick up on Thu! :yay:

Anyway, it took two hours to drive there from Indy, less than ten minutes to load and pay, two hours home, 270 mile round trip, and only cost me $22 in gas!

The crew at CStore deserve a big Thank You from me, and I would encourage anyone within 125 miles of them to patronize them.

geek

I have a HUGE respect for The Candlemakers Store because of this:

http://candlemakers.zoovy.com/category/faq.candle_formulas/

I was so confused about Fragrance oils and had practically begged people to explain it all to me......when I read this, it totally made sense to me, and I have had a different outlook on the whole fragrance oil delima since.

It pretty much tells it like it is IMHO.

Of course the million dollar question is what price point is YOUR supplier purchasing at? LOL

Hey Geek,

Is there a Steve there by any chance. I used to deal with them on a reg. basis 7-8 years ago. I think he was/ is the owner. Nice to know that they still have outstanding customer service.

Yes, there is a Steve there.

I have a HUGE respect for The Candlemakers Store because of this:

http://candlemakers.zoovy.com/category/faq.candle_formulas/

I was so confused about Fragrance oils and had practically begged people to explain it all to me......when I read this, it totally made sense to me, and I have had a different outlook on the whole fragrance oil delima since.

It pretty much tells it like it is IMHO.

Of course the million dollar question is what price point is YOUR supplier purchasing at? LOL

That really does make a lot of sense!

I've had great results dealing with Steve in the past. However, I had a problem with my last order; called and spoke with Dave who was unable to resolve it. I asked him how I could get in contact with Steve and he gave me Steve's extension. I've called twice and left messages asking Steve to return my call but he hasn't, so I'm a little disappointed with them right now.

I've been a customer for several years and always been pleased with their service in the past and this is a very small matter, but I'm just surprised he hasn't returned my calls. Maybe I'll try e-mailing; I just hate to try to explain a problem in an e-mail!

Jane

I've had great results dealing with Steve in the past. However, I had a problem with my last order; called and spoke with Dave who was unable to resolve it. I asked him how I could get in contact with Steve and he gave me Steve's extension. I've called twice and left messages asking Steve to return my call but he hasn't, so I'm a little disappointed with them right now.

I've been a customer for several years and always been pleased with their service in the past and this is a very small matter, but I'm just surprised he hasn't returned my calls. Maybe I'll try e-mailing; I just hate to try to explain a problem in an e-mail!

Jane

Yes, Steve can be something to get ahold to. He's been working on some fo's for me and I"ve been on the phone back and forth with him a lot in the past month or so. I'm finding the best time to catch him is around 11:00am, Eastern. I've totally given up on his answering machine:rolleyes2 .

• 7 months later...
I finally got to the point where I could make a substantial wax and supply purchase, and had the opportunity to pick up at Candlemaker's Store in Hamilton, OH. I've purchased from them before several times, but always had the goods UPS'd. Well, I figured that five cases of wax would be very costly to UPS, and I had the week off from work and plenty of time to kill.

I called ahead, and asked Dave there (BTW there are two Daves there) if I could get the 5-19 case price break if I ordered two different waxes for a total of five cases. He said he did not have anyone ever ask for that, but said it was OK. Since I was going to order on Wed, it meant picking up on Thu, and their site asked for two day lead time to process order. He said it was OK to pick up on Thu! :yay:

Anyway, it took two hours to drive there from Indy, less than ten minutes to load and pay, two hours home, 270 mile round trip, and only cost me $22 in gas!

The crew at CStore deserve a big Thank You from me, and I would encourage anyone within 125 miles of them to patronize them.

geek

Kickin' up some old thread dust...

I've done the same. I work about 40-ish miles north of The Candlemaker's Store. Depending on the weight/quantity of stuff I'm buying, I'll make the trip down to grab it up. Great guys!

Tony