First burn

I am using Cargill c3 and I cant seem to get a burn pool on the first or sometimes second burn.Is catch up ok?I am using 3'' diameter jars from Fancy Candle Jars and lx 28 and htp 1212 cant get a burn pool.Im also not using any color.ANY HELP Im frustrated....:cry2:

I personally don't mind if it takes 2 or 3 burns for the melt pool to catch up. Those wick sizes usually work for me in a jar that size (I use C3 too). Have you tried the HTP 126 yet? Also, it seems the first burn sometimes takes longer than 3 hours to achieve FMP.

Yes, it's frustrating, but you'll get it figured out! How close to the edge are your burns coming? It's there's just a little bit, it should catch up; just keep burning. HTH!

I personally don't mind if it takes 2 or 3 burns for the melt pool to catch up. Those wick sizes usually work for me in a jar that size (I use C3 too). Have you tried the HTP 126 yet? Also, it seems the first burn sometimes takes longer than 3 hours to achieve FMP.

Yes, it's frustrating, but you'll get it figured out! How close to the edge are your burns coming? It's there's just a little bit, it should catch up; just keep burning. HTH!

Just want to mention here, the manufacturer says that the 126 is the hottest burning wick, but I and many others have tested them and our testing, they were not the hottest burning wick, the 1312 was. The 126 falls down just between the 1212 and 105. Just don't want you to waste your time on the 126, if the 1312 doesn't work. That jar is really a borderline double wick jar. If you are unsuccessful with the 1312, I would try double HTP52 or HTP62.

I also use C 3 wax, 12 oz metro jar's from Fancy Candle Jars which are 3" and I've found the Eco 14's to work real well. It does take longer to get a full melt pool but once it does everything catch's up very nicely. HTH Cindy/WI

Your frustration seems premature if you havent tried the next wick size up. I don't think I could even sleep at night having chosen a wick without even knowing how the adjacent sizes work, LOL. Often I'll just make up the testers simultaneously.

Those wicks you're using don't sound out of the question. It depends on how things develop as you burn to the bottom of the container. But definitely try the bigger wicks and compare.

By the way, this is how C-3 got ditched when I was testing waxes. Needing the largest wick size for a 3 inch container was grounds for rejection.

HI Joe

As I mentioned the other day, the LX 28 works perfect with soy in this jar, except for when it dosen't. Posted yesterday that some scents need to wicked a little higher and suggest an LX 30 or similiar. Please let me know how this works.

Ron