Want to make body butter, but how???

I don't sell it but I think it's cheaper for me to buy the ingredients and make it vs. buying it ready made. I've made whipped shea and whipped shea & mango, and seem to have better luck if I don't melt the hard butters all the way- I just nuke em till they're soft & just starting to melt. HTH.

Do you melt down your hard oils add a few soft oils and FO and whip it til it's fluffy then scoop it into containers?

Yep! That's it!

I very gently melt my hard oils on low, low heat. Just until barely melted. Then I add my liquid oils and let cool. Then add fo and whip! Scoop into jars when it's about like a creamy frosting consistency. When you pull the beaters out of the mixture, it shouldn't drip back down into the bowl but should have "peaks" on the beaters.

You'll want to experiment with various butters and oils to see what you like. You'll also want to play with ratios of hard to soft oils to see what consistency you prefer. For a firm butter, you could go 3:1. For a softer butter, you could go 2:1. Just play to see what you like best!

Happy buttering!