Tarts

Katherine

quote=KimM]When I make tarts, I have to make 12 to test the oil. I haven't gotten the measurement down for just making 1 or 2 tarts so I use a 1/2lb wax and make a batch.

If someone does have information on making just one or two tarts,would you mind sharing?:D

I scent my wax at 1.5 oz per 1 lb of soy wax. 1 oz of wax to .1 FO or 5 oz wax to 1/2 oz of FO, about 1/4 oz FO to 21/2 - 3oz wax. Hope this helps. If you use 1 oz FO per lb then I can't figure that out. Sorry....

My Snowtop oils I use 1.5oz FO to 1lb soy wax but the others I use 1oz.

I am confused by your measurements........blonde moment LOL.

So it would be 1/4 oz FO to 3oz wax ????

Sound good lol.

I'm not to good at the % thing. But let's say your making 15 oz of wax adding 1.5 oz of FO. Then for every 1 oz of wax you would add .1 oz of FO. This is by weight. If you don't have a scale then guess you'll have to use a measuring cup and maybe a shot glass with measurments or one of those medicine dropper things with measurements. Good luck

This reminds me of a couple projects I've been contemplating. First is an online calculator to figure wax/FO ratios. Second would be a chart/spreadsheet with Ounces wax vs. FO % load and the resultant FO amount.

If there is anything out there right now, it would be useful to know (so I don't have to duplicate efforts).

Any special requests for functionality on an online candle calculator?

Tony

Just make it 10% FO for tarts. If your going to use 4 ozs wax, use .4 FO or for 6 ozs use .6 and so on. 10% in tarts is not too much. Any time I test, I just use 10%, it's easier to calculate.

Ok so on my digital scale it would say 4.0 oz for wax and then .4oz for FO??

I stink at measurements LOL.

If you are using a %, which is what I recommend, then the easiest way to determine your amounts is to weigh the wax and multiply the % of oil or additive, to determine the amount you will add:

14 oz (wax )

x 10% (FO).

=

.4 oz. oil

Use the same method to deterimine additives, too.

HTH