My first candle!

Hi everyone!~

I just have a question..

I just made my first candle. And I'm wondering how I'm supposed to clean the double boiler? I've heard of putting the molds in the oven on warm and then wipe them clean. But this is a rather large boiler, lol, it isnt fitting in the oven.

I'll be posting the picture up here when its set up for critiqueing, good and bad. :cool2:

Thanks again!

~ I want to thank the people that were posting about the free scent sample that Peak throws in with their orders. I would have thrown the box out thinking all that was left was peanuts, but no, I went digging! And I got a free sample of Bartlett Pear. :yay:

~ I want to thank the people that were posting about the free scent sample that Peak throws in with their orders. I would have thrown the box out thinking all that was left was peanuts, but no, I went digging! And I got a free sample of Bartlett Pear. :yay:

Congratulations on your 1st candle!! And Bitter Creek South and Candle Cocoon aslo throw in samples. I would check all pkgs. to be sure.

Are you talking about cleaning the bottom boiler, that holds water, or the pouring pot where you put your wax? I wipe out my pouring pot as soon as I finish pouring. If I happen to let it sit, I stick it in the oven, upside down. I never clean my double-boiler though. I throw the water out the back door, but I stopped cleaning it ages ago. It looks nasty, but I don't really care to spend time cleaning it, lol.

I ended up just wiping it out, but I'm afraid there's still wax residue in it and it might affect future candles? The bottom pot I just dumped the water out of.

I tried to post a pic of it, but its too large. So I have to play with it on the computer when I get home so I can post it. But I used Soy (type unknown, I bought it off ebay.. I'm not doing that again..) HTP-62 and Moonlight Path scent from Brighterscents.

I think it turned out ok, smells good cold. But theres a giant water spot on the bottom. I'll practice some more tonight! :)

If you're worried about your pouring pot retaining wax or scent, heat up your double-boiler and then heat the pot and wipe out again. Or put the pouring pot into the oven upside on a cookie sheet. Or blast it with a heatgun and wipe out. I wouldn't worry too much about the pot retaining scent. If you wipe it out well, that shouldn't be a problem :)