Accelerated trace

SatinDucky

It's mostly just the recipe. Spurred on a bit by a tad too much Lavender FO. It set up while I was playing with colors in the other bowl to try more swirls. It wouldn't have been to bad if I'd been expecting it and not messing around like I had time...LOL :shocked2:

I did a second batch while waiting for it to gel. It was Cuc-Melon, but acc started before I even added it.

Oh, nope, no water discoun't. I'm trying to get the hang of making it regular first ;)

At least I got a good pic of partial gel, while I was waiting to pound it some more LOL

Floral fo have been noted to do that especially if they are

added in excess - which I have done in the past, adding more

at the last moment, thinking it needed it but it DIDN'T.

I have also taken longer than expected to get the "right"

swirl. When I want to "play" with the different colors I

I only mix to a light trace that way it gives me a little more

time.

Dontcha just hate that? I always look like a maniac - I'm spoon stirring the pot with one hand to make sure it doesn't set up too much, and stirring the color with the other hand so I don't get glue in that - it's quite a dance :)

I've found it helps to have a helper if possible. I like to have my youngest DD help me with this. I learned real quick to either move fast or have a second set of hands.

Dontcha just hate that? I always look like a maniac - I'm spoon stirring the pot with one hand to make sure it doesn't set up too much, and stirring the color with the other hand so I don't get glue in that - it's quite a dance :)

LOL! And why is it that always at that particular moment in time, the phone starts ringing, or the dh starts yappin', or a cat jumps on the counter and starts buggin'?

I've since then learned to do my soaping late at nite when all the little suckers are asleep LOL