Q about getting whipped butters in containers

A thought just occured to me, so I figured I'd follow up and ask about it. Ok, when I put my whipped butters into my containers using my handy-dandy little spatula, I then BEAT THE CRAP outta the container on my tabletop to get all of the air bubbles out and give a smooth top. I've done this every single time.

Question: Is this process (banging/getting bubbles out) UN-whipping my whipped butters? Hadn't really thought about it til now, but seems like it would at least to some degree.

How do YOU put your whipped butters into containers? Am I the only one doing this? Please say no, lol.

Yep, that's what I'm using too. Sorry, I shoulda clarified that a little better in my original post. Katherine, when you put your butter into your jars, do you worry with getting the air bubbles out, or getting a smooth top? By forcing it to 'settle' by banging the bubbles out of it, could I be sacrificing a nice whipped texture, for a smooth appearance?

My main concern is...am I doing an injustice to the whipp-i-ness of the butters by doing what I'm doing? Maybe I'll go whip up another batch and just leave it however it settles in the jars, to see if there's a difference in the texture.

I do the same thing, and it doesn't affect the fluffiness of my whipped butters. However, I bang gently, and only just enough to get the stuff compacted so I can cram more in the jar. LOL I fit about 2 oz. by weight of whipped shea butter into a 4 oz. container.

HTH

Thanks Crafty! Good to hear you do it too! Hopefully lots and lots of people do & we're not just weird! LOL

For all appearances sake, I wouldn't say it affects the fluffiness of my butters either...BUT...I haven't tested that theory out fully by not banging on the jars. Have you ever tried it both ways? Just to see what they look like the next day, banged vs. non-banged? lol

Yep, no major difference in banged vs. non-banged for me, although I wouldn't push it by slamming it around more than absolutely necessary. LOL Also, I never go more than double my volume on whipping. Once it's about double in volume, I quit.

Thanks so much! You've been a big help!

Alas, I can resume banging in peace, lolol.

My way of banging the jars is by holding them up about 3-4" above the table and letting them drop. THWAP! THWAP! THWAP! I do this probably 20 times or so for each jar. And you say you bang yours gently? :shocked2: I may need to ease up a little on mine then.

I've been getting up to just shy of double volume before calling it quits (cuz I'm chicken of going up to or beyond that), so it's good to know I'm well inside of the safe zone! Now I'm gonna go play with some more butta!

I just hold my jars firmly and lift them 3-4 inches above the counter and bang firmly but gently 3-4 times until I can see I have more room. I do this after whipping, obviously, but before the butter has completely set up and gotten firm. It's still like a creamy frosting consistency when I do this. HTH