Shea cream

fmsojka

I have been making whipped shea butter for a couple of years, but am needing a light shea cream, something that wouldn't 'die' in the heat, but still have some of the attributes of the whipped butter as far as the moisturizing, smooth feel.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You could just do a poured butter. Gently melt and blend your ingredients, then skip the whipping and just pour. Granted, it won't have quite the light, fluffier texture of a whipped butter. But it will still get the job done. It will just be a bit more concentrated so you'll need to use just a tiny bit! The texture will be more like a balm than a creamy butter, but it will still do the trick of softening the skin!

Thanks, but they are wanting more light and creamy. They loved the whipped butter, but I can't see any way that it won't melt back down.

Anyone have a shea cream recipe?

If you want the light, creamy texture, you really only have a couple of choices, as I see it. You're either going to have to do whipped butter (which as we said, will melt back down in heat) or you're going to have to do an emusified cream / lotion. That means adding water. Which means adding preservative. You'll get the lighter, creamier texture, but it's a whole 'nuther product and a much more complicated process. Whipped butters are so much easier because you're not mixing in any water. You're not heating and holding. You're not trying to keep mold, fungus and bacteria at bay as you are with a product containing water. Much more challenging.

Not meant to discourage you -- just trying to help! :)