Is their a difference in Paper Core wicks???

When I ordered my very first candle kit I received a package of various sizes of paper core wicks. I recently received a couple of samples with a order I got from another company. These had on the pack 60-44-18 but the diameter of these wicks seemed larger at first glance. So, I compared them to the 60-44-18 and the 62-52-18 I had left from my kit and they are larger than both sizes.

So, now I'm wondering is their a difference in the quality of paper core wicks from the suppliers? And if so, is this why when one person may post they are having difficulty wicking, another person maybe using the same type of wax , f/o & wicks and having no trouble at all? :shocked2:

As a random story, I'd always used CD 16 wicks from BCN, then I bought 300 off someone in the classifieds. When I received them, they were about half the width of what I was used to, and I resigned myself that they weren't going to fit my containers. Lo and behold, when I tested them, they burned exactly the same way! So, it's true, they can vary in look from different suppliers, and thank goodness mine burned the same!