making chunk candles

are you making pillars or jars? for pillars you need a very translucent wax (assuming the chunks are colored)...this is difficult with jars using a blended wax. Additional products when added to paraffin increase the waxes opacity. We do market a fairly translucent wax (for a blend) if you are making containers. what is the melt point of the wax chunks? They need to be high enough no to melt or bleed color on the over pour. Hope that helps.

Brad

www.claruswax.com

thanks for the suggestions.....i am making containers. i'm fairly new to candle making and haven't even begun to try pillars yet! i made the chunks using straight parafin and colored them. but when i poured the overpour it didn't quite turn out the way i had expected. i guess i was looking for more of a clearer look. it kind of turned out like milk with chocolate chips!

It helps to know whether you are making container or votives/pillars. I do chunky votives with my regular votive wax. The overpour may not be as translucent as it would be if I used a different pillar wax, but it still looks cute and I'm not interested in stocking another wax. I've also done chunks in containers with J50 for the overpour and it wasn't as translucent, but you could still see the chunks pretty well. I stick the chunks up to the side of the glass so you can see them.