Issy Miyake FO

NattyCat

I got some FO from Save on Scents and bought the ultra concentrate but a) it smells weak OOB, B) it smells even weaker in wax and c) it doesn't really smell like issy miyake - it's sort of similar, but not very true.

Does anyone have any experience of a good Issy Miyake dupe? I've got people screaming for the candles but I won't sell any that I don't feel are up to scratch.

Thanks,

Nat

I get Issey Miyake from Save on Scents (Ultra Concentrate) and it's very strong in my 0k6228/J223 tarts. What kind of wax are you using and how much fo per lb?

am using ecosoya pb and cb-135 in tins and tarts - not made pillars with it yet.

I found it had no scent throw at all cold, and non-existant hot throw. I use 1.5oz per pound usually.

It could be that it's a scent that just isn't going to throw in soy. Not sure if you know this or not, but some scents just won't throw in soy, no matter how much you use...it's just how soy is. Sometimes a week of curing will increase your scent throw. If it doesn't throw by then, it's not going to. I'm not familiar with CB-135 so I can't help you with that wax.