Adding colour ?

I used 1/2 pound IGI 1286 and put in 1/2 oz of Fruit Smoothie FO then realized, DUH, :embarasse I forgot to add the colour so I put in one colour chip of Fuschia. There was absolutely no colour change at all. Would this be because I added the FO first?

I used 1/2 pound IGI 1286 and put in 1/2 oz of Fruit Smoothie FO then realized, DUH, :embarasse I forgot to add the colour so I put in one colour chip of Fuschia. There was absolutely no colour change at all. Would this be because I added the FO first?
Nope...fuschia is a funny one. You don't get the color until the candle cools. Be patient and behold the magic.

I do the dye first when I can, because I use color blocks and like to give them ample time to mix without having FO evaporating from the pot.

I do fragrance first if I know it's one of the harder ones to mix, or if it's the first time I'm using it and don't know what to expect.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I usually add the colour first but must've had a brain fart! :shocked2:

When I got home from work this morning I checked my candle and it had turned from white to pink. Not exactly fuschia but a very pretty pink. Wow, I never would have guessed it would change after.