Palm Wax Pillars - Stuck to the mold!

Ok, so I'm new to the palm wax pillars . . . I love the way they look, so I thought I would give them a try . . . not knowing I would have to fight with them to get them out of the mold. I've been doing some reading and it appears that Palm Stearic is suppose to help with mold release. I've used the spray mold release, but it doesn't seem to help. :cry2:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brenda got it right, there are some palms that you need to add stearic too in order to release from the molds ~ mold release will not work. I also buy my palm pillar wax from candlesandsupplies & I usually can pull them out of my 3"dia mold after about an 1 1/2 and then let them set until hardened. I can't say enough good things about this palm....it is from Aroma Tech, Starburst Pillar Candle Wax.

www.aromatec.com Their website is about their FO's but you could contact them to find a distributor of their palm pillar wax if candlesandsupplies isn't close to where you live. HTH

Brenda got it right, there are some palms that you need to add stearic too in order to release from the molds ~ mold release will not work. I also buy my palm pillar wax from candlesandsupplies & I usually can pull them out of my 3"dia mold after about an 1 1/2 and then let them set until hardened. I can't say enough good things about this palm....it is from Aroma Tech, Starburst Pillar Candle Wax.

www.aromatec.com Their website is about their FO's but you could contact them to find a distributor of their palm pillar wax if candlesandsupplies isn't close to where you live. HTH

Just curious. You pull it out of the mold after an hour and a half? I just have never had palm cool that quick for me that I could pull it out of a mold in that amount of time. I always have to poke relief holes while it is cooling and do a repour. That is very interesting.

Oh yes :) I only have (1) 3"dia mold but quite a few wick pins, so when I need to make mutiple pillars I let them harden around the outside & the top has hardened (you can usually see that the wax has pulled away from the mold) I pull the candle straight out by the top of the wick pin & then let it solidify. I don't have any problems with poking relief holes or doing repours while it is out of its mold. Candlewic had some good info on their site when I 1st started playing w/ palm wax (info no longer there) but it stated that "further cooling outside molds is encouraged, where there is little chance of deformation and other failures". Another reason why I think palm pillar wax is A+:thumbsup:

I hope I can save you some agony. I got some palm wax once that would not come out of the molds no matter what. Palm stearic, mold release...nothing helped. I was actually crying over that Palm wax. It ruined my molds.

I got another batch from a different company and the stuff virtually flew out of the molds. So I went back to the first company, placed another order and tried again. The stuff slid out of the molds just as nice as you please. I think that every once in awhile one gets a bad batch of palm. I'm convinced of it. Try ordering a small bag from another company and see if it helps.;)

Thanks for the advice - I got so frustrated with having to dip the mold into hot water to release it from the mold - and then the outside of the pillar was affected by the "dip" - so I've gone back to the regular veggie pillar wax. I'll hopefully get back to the palm wax because I like the look so much. I have ordered some of the feathered type palm from another company, and I'll see how that works out.

Thanks for all your help.

Here I am again, frustrated with the palm wax! Got the courage to try again, and some of the candles came out with a little coaxing - but the 6" ones started to slide out, and then there seemed to be a suction keeping them from getting past the top of the mold - major ugh! Finally they came out after I heated water and soaked them for a couple minutes - but they are just not smooth (no wonder, I drowned the poor things!).:mad:

Going back to the regular natural pillar blend. When I recover from this episode, maybe I'll try to mix the palm with the regular soy blend pillar to see if that might work.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I use the Palm Wax from Candle Wic and never had a problem with it coming out of the mold. I spray some pam and when it starts pulling away from the sides it slides right out. Expect for one I made today lol I filled it to the top of the mold and cut off the wick so I didn't have anything to pull it out with boy was it fun trying to get that bugger out. I normally don't even have to pull on the wick it just falls right out. I love their wax.