Coconut Oil 76...curious bout something...

michelleB

I'm just wondering what difference, if any (cuz I sure don't see one), there is between this oil from any "supplier" and this oil when bottled on the shelf at Wally world (LouAnna brand)?? Cuz I see people paying upwards of $3 per pound for it online, and around $2 or so per pound at co-ops, and yet you can get almost 2 pounds of it (31.5 oz) locally at wally-world for less than $3...with no shipping. :shocked2:

Can somebody 'splain please? Or is is just that some peeps don't live close to Wal-mart? Cuz if there's a legitimate reason behind not using the local coconut oil, I'd like to know more about it so I can decide where to get mine from now on.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

I believe it's one and the same. Walmart didn't start carrying it until rather recently, so this could be why it didn't catch on as strong. Ive seen it mentioned. Also, some people are probably - like me - so used to buying in gallon sizes they don't think about it.

They've got it in the aisle with the other oils like the olive oil, crisco, etc. It's in a white plastic round "canister" with a green lid. Sells for $2.77 around here, for 31.5oz so that's where I've been getting it. That way I only get as much as I need and don't have to store lbs of it that I've paid sky-high shipping on. I'll dig around for a pic of it and if I find it, I'll add it here so you'll know what to look for.

Hth!

Okey dokey, I FINALLY found a picture of it. Boy that was hard to do, too! They didn't even have one on the Lou Ana website! Got this one off ebay:

This is the 31.5 oz canister I was talking about. Hope that helps ya to find it!

Edited to add: The ebay-er is trying to sell this for a starting bid of $3.99!! My goodness! I thought ebay was for finding BARGAINS, not rip-offs! Sheesh! I'm in the wrong business, LOL!

My grocery store just started carrying that brand. I know that sometimes you can request that they carry certain items so if your grocer doesn't have it, request it.

I started out using the coconut oil, didn't notice any difference.

Oh Michi, I'm sorry dear! Can you strong-arm the stores into carrying it? My grandmother does that ALL of the time...alas I'm not too successful. She's a tyrant though, and not many people tangle with her, whereas I'm more easy-going and I get told no a lot. She needed creamed coconut ONE time just for ONE lil ole recipe, and nobody round here carried it. Well, she called EVERY grocery store in town & by the end of the week at least 4 stores had it on their shelves!! Want me to have her call your wal-mart??? LOLOL