Coconut milk / Coconut water in CP Soap??

i ahve used coconut milk several times. I only use the pure coconut milk and it does not stink and burn or turn orange. The soap is wonderful and the scent does not come through in the finished soap.

Patricia

I've used it as a full replacement of the water. It turns a color, but not sunburst orange soda orange, more of a tannish orangish color. That is if you mix the lye in as fast as you would to water.

Mix it slower and mix it in a bowl that rests on top of an ice water bath. Go slowly and you'll be fine.

With coconut milk, I do not remember a smell. Goat's milk, oh yeah, but not with CM.

I always use coconut milk in the can, pure coconut milk (no guar gum added). What I do is, if the liquid amount is to be 10 ounces, I use 3 ounces of water, add the lye to that, then when I add the lye/water to the oils I then add in the coconut milk. I don't know why I do it that way, maybe I just want to make sure the lye is dissolved and I can see that better in the water!

Coconut milk makes a nice creamy soap

Has anyone used coconut milk or coconut water in place

of water when making CP Soap?

What were the results?

Did it have a funny smell when the soap was cut and curing?

Did it go orange in the lye?

Because it's oily, would it react funny with the lye?

I made my first soap with coconut milk and it smells like perm solution at the salon. Is that the smell that you are thinking of? I just made a batch a couple of days ago and it seems to be less "stinky" than the first day.

I never had this smell before so I thought it must be the coconut milk.

Yes that is the smell I am talking about.....I usually use soymilk, and that always seems to happen! I hate it!

I just made a soap with it, and it smelled terrible, but I let it cure a bit and dabbed a bit of FO on it! *shhh and now it's fine.

I may try that with the water, then adding the coconut milk.

I wonder if or when you could add creamed coconut? Anyone try that?

Well, I cut up a batch that I made yesterday with a different FO but with the same recipe and although the lye had that funky perm smell when I added the coconut milk, it didn't come out in the soap. I think that in my case the lye must have morphed my FO (JS Hyacinth Chula Orchid) into something else.