I'm afraid to show this, but Scented and Magsglass here ya go!!!

Okay here's my 2nd try at CP but first time posting a pic. Please excuse pic as this was taken with my camera phone, I really need to get a digital camera, because this pic doesn't do my pic justice.:undecided I tried to do a swirl but I don't think I was quite succesful at that, maybe next time.

I used Peaks Cuccumber Melon, and a green liquid dye. I think the green is a little to dark for what I was going for, but it's going to be interesting to see what it looks like cut. If you notice the green are more on the ends and not in the middle. But I am very excited that I was able to work with the lye and finish my 1st successful batch. :yay:

Thank you Scented and Magsglass for giving me the courage and the extra push!!! Now I'm ready to do another one.....:D

post-425-139458400391_thumb.jpg

:whoohoo:GREAT JOB! :whoohoo:

I'm not either Scented and Magsglass .... but I think it looks lovely!! Definately the right color for the scent :wink2: I have a similiar mold and its TOUGH to swirl in this kinda mold IMO, BUT then again I'm a newbie.

Whoo hoo!! You're first batch is out of the way :) Congrats Pam!! I think that green looks similar to a skin on a cuke and am looking forward to seeing the cut version. Don't feel alone in swirling with that mold. I have something similar and I'll be dang if I can get the in the pot method right, so I try all kinds of stuff just in the log mold. It's a bugger, but I'm still not satisfied lol!

Thanks everyone, I couldn't have done it without you guys. I've had this kit since Christmas, and never pulled it out until the Challenge,thanks again.

Scented: I did get a chance to swirl in the pot, so hopefully something will come out of it. I'm just so anxious...I'm ready to unmold right now, (ugggh, why must I wait so long :waiting: ....I must remember that patience is a virtue!!!

Yea Pam

Your first soap under your belt, I know that feeling well, Have you come down from the clouds yet. Hehe I haven't. Everyday I go in and take a peek and sniff. lol I owe it to the gals on the challenge especially Mags for the gauntlet in getting me off to a timid start, or I would still be saying ...soon...someday...

You might be pleasantly surprised when you cut and find some shy swirls in there. Can't wait to see the cut pics. Yea Pam, Yea Pam, Yea Pam, Yea Pam.

ETA - Oops I meant your second batch. I am trying for #2 tonight.

:whoohoo: Pam, WTG girl, see it wasn't so bad/hard now was it? (yah, easy for me to say NOW!! LOL)

I think the colors fit perfectly with that scent.

Patience has never been one of my virtues, that's the only thing that sucks about CP, hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait...... **sigh**

Soooooo how long you think you'll be able to hold out before you get that out and cut it????? :D

Scented: I did get a chance to swirl in the pot, so hopefully something will come out of it. I'm just so anxious...I'm ready to unmold right now, (ugggh, why must I wait so long :waiting: ....I must remember that patience is a virtue!!!

Hope you have awesome swirls!!

Oh man on my first batch I peeked probably 60-70 times before Leslie and Sherie yelled at me to knock it off. I had to convince myself it wasn't growing and it was getting solid and I flat just wanted to see parts of the progress lol!

I was scared to cut it. Have been every batch I've made after seeing one of Eugenia's posts where the middle fell out when she took off the liner.

I'm trying not to look, but it's so hard...I want to cut it so bad, is it okay now?? Should the top be fully solid and not any gel-like spots anywhere?? The mold is no longer hot but room temp, and the top is solid.