Fundraiser turn around time

Been doing fundraisers a while now & recently had a complaint my down time was too long. I've always done a 3 week lag time to allow for ordering additional product (if I need it) & no-one blinked. This time someone blinked & I'm just curious if y'all think 3 weeks from the order receipt date is too long for fundraiser order fulfillment? Thanks :)

IMO, it's a little long. I say 2 weeks and strive to get them done early.

Was the turn around time listed in your paperwork so that they knew ahead of time (before deciding to use your fundraiser)?

I agree, 3 weeks is a little bit too long. I actually start pouring my candles for fundraisers before they even place their orders. I'll tell you what. They are surprised when they get their candles in a week to a week and a half. Exspecially when I tell them two weeks for delivery.

Im guess i must be in the minority, as thats what I do, 3 weeks. In some of our other fundraisers at school/Chruch etc..Cookie dough, candy etc.. we have had to wait 3-4 weeks as well. I think if you are making handmade products people expect to have a little wait. just my experience and never had a problem. Just make sure you let them sell no longer than 2 weeks, as people who buy at the beginning and then waited several weeks to even have thier order turned in , let alone processed ..thats what makes it excessive. again JMHO :)

That doesn't seem too long to me - heck, Girlscout cookies take months to come!

I was going to say the same thing. I had been involved in my share of fundraisers when my three kids were in school, and I think a 3-week turnaround is reasonable. I've had to wait much longer than that before.

I agree and always say a 3-week turnaround--I've never actually taken that long, but I like to allow it in case a supplier is out of stock on something and I have to wait--doesn't often happen, but sometimes!

I'm a little on the fence about a fundraiser right now--I finished it less than a week after it was turned in, called the team mother last Thursday night and left a message telling her it was ready. She didn't return my call on Friday so I called again to be sure she got my message. She did and said she couldn't pick up the order until Sunday afternoon. OK--it's still sitting on my dining room table on Wednesday. DH asked me about it last night and I told him I refuse to call her again--she knows it's ready; I have my money; and I'm being stubborn. Of course, this is a small town and it may be my business name that gets dragged through the mud..........

What would you do?

Alajane

She probably forgot, this time of year my kids are into sports & my life isn't my own = I'm running everywhere. Leave her a message asking when you can drop the fundraiser off that should remind her ~I bet shes apologetic & swings by tonight.

btw, everyone thanks for the tips. It's funny I've been doing this one way for so long that sometimes I forget that it's good to get other views. Who knows? I might need to make some changes.

I've never taken 3 weeks to fill an order but the bigger fundraisers do take a while & I feel better leaving a little cushion of time (sticking with the 3 weeks) rather than be frazzled & rushed. thanks again

:)