The DUMBEST tins in the world

Pardon my frustration!

I got a few 6 oz tins from a supplier and no matter what wick I am using, these *(#)@$#s won't wick. I'm using EcoSoya at 3% this time and have tried RRDs, LXs, HTPs and zincs. One suggested that I try a HTP105, which I have testing right now, and still no full melt pool at almost three hours. The diameter is 2.75. Any suggestions or is my thinking off and judgement clouded?

Also, sometimes with soy, you won't get a full mp the first burn or two - at least this is my experience. Soy tends to burn down than out. Give it some time and hang in there. I'm sure you will get a clean burn. Never judge a wick or container and the burn until you have burned the whole thing. :)

PS, I just wanted to say that you are a very pretty lady. Nice avatar picture.

Top,

Surely you will forgive my "impatience"! I was going by the 1 inch per diameter rule. I didn't have this problem with another soy wax that I used, hence my questions. Moreover, I too have read NG's site and have gone the 4-5 hrs and still didnt get a full MP.

Mer,

Thanks :) I've noticed the burn down rule too. I have wondered why I have gotten such strange results when my variables have been the same as others...but such is the world of Candlemaking!!!! I've done multiple burns with several waxes and can't quite figure this one out!! And thanks so much for your sweet compliments!

Top,

Surely you will forgive my "impatience"! I was going by the 1 inch per diameter rule. I didn't have this problem with another soy wax that I used, hence my questions. Moreover, I too have read NG's site and have gone the 4-5 hrs and still didnt get a full MP.

Indescent my darling, you have nothing but virtues in my eyes so there is nothing to forgive. Would that I could help you achieve a full melt pool.

:cool:

Soy,

I now use 47s as twist ties for my bread bags LOL!! I started my way up from 34s to 47s and cried the whole time.

After I cursed like a sailor of course.

Im testing Pink Cashmere with a HTP 105 right now at 8% and its been burning for about 1.5 hrs and looks kinda ok. Looks like its burning down now, but still not fully across-- maybe about 1/4 of an inch on one side and a little more than that on the other (since these lean). Im thinking of going back to the 1945...YA HEAR THAT ECOSOYA?! I'LL LEAVE YOUR SORRY @$$ IF YOU DON'T GET IT TOGETHER!!!!

Excuse that. ;)