Don't Do What I Did....grrrrr!!!!

One of my sister's neighbors (and supposed friend) has a high-end designer type store here locally and she "WAS" carrying by bath bombs on co-signment....WHICH I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN!!!!! First of all, she marked them up SO high ($10.50 a piece) she only sold 5 in the 8 months she had them. So I decided to pull them and she was in agreement...well I called her ahead and told her I was coming today to pick them up. When I got there she had DUMPED them ALL (31) into a plastic GARBAGE bag which of course has RUINED the look of ALL the cello bags they were in...all scrunched up and a few with melted candle wax on them SOOOO it's going to cost me to re-package and label EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM GRRRRRRR!!!!!! And NO I didn't have a contract :(:mad::angry2: !!!!!! SO DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!! AND YES I did say something to her about HAVING to re-package them ALL and did I get an apology????? NO!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Now mind you this store has "DESIGNER" furniture....high priced I might add, with sculptures and expensive type home decor items that are well placed, VERY classy.....so why did she treat my product with such dis-regard??? I also told HER she wouldn't sell HER things in that condition!!!!! I'm SO MAD I could SPIT!!!!! I just HAD to vent!

Beverly

Oh man, that would piss me off to no end!!!

Make yourself a nice consignment package with a contract and everything stating all the things you don't want to happen when they back out.

Hindsight is 20/20, but you will know this won't happen to you again if you protect yourself.

OMG, that still pisses me off that happened to you. What a crazy woman for doing that - what is she a moron??

My son is 25 yrs old sooooo I don't think that will work....and because of how that deal worked out. THERE WILL BE NO MORE CO-SIGNMENTS!!!! And no, there isn't a web site, but THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE THOUGHT!!! :grin2:! When I made the statement that I will have to re-package EVERONE OF THEM...her reply was...oh, is that because I put them in the bag???? DUH!!!!!! AND NO comment when I said several of them had melted candle wax on them... NO APOLOGY..... and by the looks of the bags, she didn't PUT them in the trash bag...more like she DUMPED them in, AFTER she twisted the tops of the cello bags...just not salvagable :angry2::mad: ...I'm STILL fuming here :( GRRRRRRR!

Beverly

That sucks really bad, I'm so sorry.

Do you have kids?? Does she have a sign stating "You damage' date=' you pay?" If not, go visit and give your child a crayon. ;)[/quote']

I seriously just spit Cheese Nips at the screen. Gross. That was hilarious. :yay:

What a jerk! I hear ya, not too long ago I had a retailer hacking off parts of my product label & then putting my stuff out for sale. I'm still seeing red over that one ....

Maybe if I didn't make my products I wouldn't have taken it so personally but she may as well have thrown a gallon of paint on them. I've never had a business person ruin their own sales items before & to this day her behavior makes no sense to me. That said, her behavior is on her.

Vent away, then write up a contract that will protect you from nutjobs. Granted the money in wholesale isn't as great as retail or shows but it comes in handy! You've already dealt with the worst like a champ, you're regrouping, relabeling, only putting your best out there. You've got the makings of a professional + have wholesale experience now, it'd be a shame to let one jerk ruin your opportunity to really take this ball & run with it.

btw Some of your items sold for a lot of money right? When you're ready, seek out high end specialty shops & see if they want to carry your line. Don't let one person ruin what you love doing

:yay:

I am in NO MEANS throwing in the towel.....BUT it has soured me on co-signments....IF they want to carry my products I will give them a test run and then if they do well... THEY will have to buy OUTRIGHT from me!!!! AND of course there WILL be a contract stating that!!!! Live and learn...just because she was a friend and neighbor of my sisters I didn't write up a contract, dumb move on my part....

Beverly

I started with one consignment account. It went bad!

The owner of that store saw my pillars at a trade show with the wholesale pricing. For some reason, he didn't understand the difference between wholesale and consignment and thought I was ripping him off. He wanted me to go back and refund him money for all the ones that sold under consignment as if he paid wholesale, yet he didn't want to order my wholesale minimums. He didn't want to BUY them until they sold...uhhh, nope. So long story short, my candles are no longer in his store and I will never do consignment again.

A contract is a MUST!