NG or JS Bubble Bath

I haven't tried those, but I tried one from MMS that was very runny. It sort of makes me mad because they know that FO is going to be added. I played around with it too and it even adding a little bit of FO made it thin. You can buy a thickner if you want to try to salvage it, but I don't think we should have too. I am going to try JS or GL's I think soon. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but just wanted to tell you I feel your pain.

I wasn't real pleased with BCN's bubble bath either, the bubbles didn't last long.

Here is a thread from last week that might help:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22265&highlight=bubble+bath

I am thinking of trying the Wholesale Supplies Plus bubble wash concentrate. It can be used as bubble bath or shower gel, so you might get more use out of your money.

HTH,

Steph

Just today, I made bubble bath with BC's base for the 1st time. I was very disappointed. It got very thin. It says not to heat it, but how do you get the FO stirred in. I have always used WSP's and it is great. No thinning. I know I will go back to WSP.

I agree WSP's bubble bath and crystal clear shower gel rock. I have had no problems coloring or scenting them, no separation just use thier guidlines . My customers love them. I do not heat them at all.

Could you tell me what kind of color do you use when you make lotion and bubble bath? Is it the same as candles? I have been making candles for a long time, but I'm just now getting into bath products.

Thanks

kdc

i think different tubs and water pressure can make the difference on good bubbling as well as the base itself. i have used BC's for years and haven't had it thin out unless i go over the recommended amount of fo. the bubbles last longer than any of us stay in the tub. but i do have a deep tub so the distance from the faucet is further, and gives more force to create good bubbles...but i've never had a customer complain...i don't think they really think about the thickness as much as we do...just like wet spots,lol

Bugtussle, i pour some base into a large ziploc, add fo and dye, close securely and "smush" until it's well blended, then snip the bottom corner and pour into bottles.

The only reason I haven't tried WSP is because their shipping cost and I don't order anything else from them. So it is really double the price. Here are my findings so far. Bnc bubble bath turns very watery and doesn't bubble well. The BNC Aloe shower gel bubbles ok but doesn't last long. It does hold the FO and color and doesn't thin, so I will just stick to it as a shower gel. The JS LIQUID GLYCERIN SOAP BASE Bubbles really nice and they last long and it stays thick after FO.

Thanks for all your input!!:yay:

Suzanne H

Could you tell me what kind of color do you use when you make lotion and bubble bath? Is it the same as candles? I have been making candles for a long time, but I'm just now getting into bath products.

Thanks

kdc

You can also use food color, you use so little in bath products that you don't have to worry about the color staining.