Sprayable mica/glitter?

Mitch23

I was digging through a box on my desk, and came across a small bottle of body spray I picked up a looonnng time ago. Wonderful scent, and it has glitter in it (the whole reason I still have it. Quit spraying because it clogged up.) It seems like in some of my reading a while back I came across an ultra fine glitter or maybe it was mica, that could be used in sprays.

I think my two girls would absolutely adore something like that...

Thanks so much for letting me bug ya once again...

Mitch

• 9 months later...

I think the difference between glitter and mica is that- yes you can use either and Mica's are almost always minute enough in size that they can be used in any spray application...but they behave in your base differently. Micas will disperse completely and change the base to a pearlescent type effect or simply color the entire base, where as glitter will not change the clarity, color or sheen. So be sure you know what purpose you have for adding something of a spakly nature becuase they are entirely differnt at times. :)

I found an old bottle of ultra fine, non-toxic craft glitter around here and tossed a pinch into my new linen sprays this week. So far, so good. I can see flakes of it on my sheets, so I know at least some of it is coming through the pump.

I worried for a second about breathing it in, but I figure if they'll let kids sprinkle it, shake it, dust it off and blow it around, it's probably not that big a deal. Not sure I'd sell any without looking into it further though...