Sea Kelp Soap

anhoki

141017028_423572433c.jpg

This was a labor of love and a VERY KEWL experiment. :yay: The shread started out as a whipped batch. I whipped it like I normally do and then added 2% kelp powder, 1 oz lotion, scent and it FLOPPED. No big deal... truly. I swirled it with marmalade select shades and cpop'd it. All was well until I went to cut it. The kelp powder was overwhelming. It brought out the fruity scent that much more and just made me gag. SO...I shredded it and added to an unscented, pearl mica colored batch and cpop'd it. I let it set in the oven for about 9 hours and then let it completely cool overnight. It has a little ash on the "tops" which is alright considering the soap. I used it in the shower today and I think it is one of the best soaps I have ever made. :drool: This will probably be a regular for me now.

Why thank you. It really wasn't a lot of work. To me it's no different than shredding the ends of a log mold or the scraps from trimming. I LOVE this bar too. A little less than "pretty" but it works VERY well. :drool:

Well thank you! I like natural soaps but I'm hoping the batch I make this weekend will turn out a little different. As for the "aroma" OMG! They say to use 1 to 3%. I used 2.5 and I believe I could have used 0.5% and it STILL been strong. WOW! It DOES smell much better in this batch though. I'm glad I shredded it and added it to an unscented batch. Next one will be a little different and hopefully with HUGELY different results! :yay:

Thank you ladies. This batch has inspired me to do another. :shocked2: I was involved in a conversation on a Yahoo group about adding lotion to soap and one said she noticed no difference at all. This batch is a rather small one but I definitely noticed the difference. :shocked2: I made (from scratch like always) a lotion a couple of weeks ago and added orange peel wax to it. I LOVE it. You need the tiniest little bit and it soaks in like butter. :drool: I added an ounce of THIS lotion to this first batch AFTER the whip. It was stunning. The meringue I ended up with after the whip was out of this world for sure. When I added the kelp, lotion and scent...BAM.. it flopped on me. :cry2: I won't whip the next batch but you bet your fanny I will be adding the lotion and kelp powder. I'll save the scent for the overpour batch. :yay: :yay: