Question on EO %'s in soy.

CSAS

Okay, so I have a customer that wants EO's in soy and I have told her that I am not familiar with EO's but from what I've read, it's a hit or miss and the scent throw my not be as great as FO's. That being said, she still wants these. I've read lots of EO posts and kinda got out of them, that you do not need as much EO as you would FO. She wants these before Mother's Day so I told her that I would not be able to do alot of testing. So, if I am thinking 3% Lavender per pound of wax, if I am doing a mixture of Lavender & Rose, would I still use 3% of the Lavender or would I make a combination of the Lavender & Rose to equal 3%?

Thanks for your help guys, you're the best!!!!!

Tracy

I'm currently testing Lavender 40/42 at 3% in Greenleaf's pure soy. I'm using 5 oz bulb jars and have a 51-32-18 C in one and LX-20 in the other one (3rd test and I had to wick way up from what I expected) The throw isn't bad but I'm going to up the eo to 6% just to see how it is. I don't think that there is a hard and fast rule on the % of eo to use in a candle ( as long as it's a safe eo ) but I'm looking for a subtle scent so I'll probably stay with the 3% but I do like to test the variables.