Why IS THE SCENT THROW BETTER

when I burn a candle on a warmer than when I lit the wick? I had a candle that I was testing....16oz jar and I burned the 1st half and trying the second half with the warmers. It had a good throw while burning but on the warmer it is outstanding. I live in two story house and it's everywhere.

It's the heat, Fern is absolutely correct.

Next time you burn the candle, take the temp of the melt pool, compare that with the temp of the melted candle on the warmer...you will find your answer.

Lisa, it depends on the scent sometimes. Cinnamons and those in that catagory seem to last forever. I have to get rid of them just because I am sick of it. But for the most part, they will last at least twice as long as burning a candle. My neighbor's son had one burning from mid December until February....non-stop...he never shut the thing off! Kids. :rolleyes2

It's the heat, Fern is absolutely correct.

Next time you burn the candle, take the temp of the melt pool, compare that with the temp of the melted candle on the warmer...you will find your answer.

Lisa, it depends on the scent sometimes. Cinnamons and those in that catagory seem to last forever. I have to get rid of them just because I am sick of it. But for the most part, they will last at least twice as long as burning a candle. My neighbor's son had one burning from mid December until February....non-stop...he never shut the thing off! Kids. :rolleyes2

I agree with both Fern's, :yes: the temp is the key! AND with the fact that it depends on the scent, the heavier the scent the longer (I've found that) it lasts.