Molds with dividers

Hi all, I bought a mold with a zig-zag divider as the one in this pic.

Does any of you ever used a mold like this?

I can't understand if the divider will really separate the two halves of the candle, on the site there is written "Unique two wick molds with special divider make two candles that fit together as one."

Any hints will be appreciated

TIA

post-1267-139458399794_thumb.jpg

I used one, from Pourette, it was a yin yang one. Didn't work - the wax just poured underneath the divider despite me loading the unpoured side up with mould sealer. The divider doesn't sit absolutely flush. Was a real pain in the butt and I've never used it again.

Natasha

Cyber, I purchased the same mold and was told by Pourette that it was meant to make 2 seperate candles, not 1 solid, 2 colored and 2 wicked candle. You have to pour 1 solid 2 wicked candle with the seperator inserted and then pour another 1 solid 2 wicked candle in a different color with the seperator inserted. Then you end up with 4 seperate pieces and you can take one section of each color and sit them together to look like a double colored candle, but it's not a solid candle. I hope this makes sense. I finally sold mine, didn't have time for all that pouring and putting together. UGH! HTH Portia

I used one, from Pourette, it was a yin yang one. Didn't work - the wax just poured underneath the divider despite me loading the unpoured side up with mould sealer. The divider doesn't sit absolutely flush. Was a real pain in the butt and I've never used it again.

Natasha

ghhhh

well, once I read on a site (I can't remember what site was) that the divider doesn completely separates two halves, so if you want a yng yang for example you have to pour two candles, once you fill the mold with white wax, unmold the candle which should split easily, then pour the black wax, unomld it , so to have one yng yang candle you have to actually make two. Hope this makes sense!!

Cyber, I purchased the same mold and was told by Pourette that it was meant to make 2 seperate candles, not 1 solid, 2 colored and 2 wicked candle. You have to pour 1 solid 2 wicked candle with the seperator inserted and then pour another 1 solid 2 wicked candle in a different color with the seperator inserted. Then you end up with 4 seperate pieces and you can take one section of each color and sit them together to look like a double colored candle, but it's not a solid candle. I hope this makes sense. I finally sold mine, didn't have time for all that pouring and putting together. UGH! HTH Portia

Hi Portia, we wposte at the sime time saying the same thing!

Yes I read that was the usage of this mold.

I will try and see what happens...

Thanks!

I did pour one side first, with the intention of taking the divider out and pouring the second as it described in the instructions - but like I said, the divider didn't divide and the wax from the first pour went underneath and around the sides of the divider, despite using mould sealer. Hope you have better luck!

Nat